general knowledge 8th grade ameb piano (1 Viewer)

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC
Hey Sien!

I actually took the exam not too long ago and they ask some very interesting questions! I think the one that got me was "What is a Piano? Refer to 3 case studies in your answers. Others include answers that require you to label all of the different types of Pianos etc.

All the best Sien!

Sien

将来: NEET
HSC
Hey Sien!

I actually took the exam not too long ago and they ask some very interesting questions! I think the one that got me was "What is a Piano? Refer to 3 case studies in your answers. Others include answers that require you to label all of the different types of Pianos etc.

All the best Sien!
this cunt wants his ass blasted

Renko

HSC
I got rekt by the general knowledge part, partially cuz my piano teacher back then didn't teach jack shit on this section. How's yours?

My 8th grade exam was a few years ago, but I can recall that they did ask broad questions like when was the piano invented, what types are there, etc. Then they asked the easy ones like what those signs mean, what key, tempo, form, related songs...Basically you should know the historical contexts of the pieces and the story of how and why the composer wrote it. I remembered being asked about the rest of Bach's BMV partitas, and I just openly said that I don't know. Next minute the examiner started lecturing me and taught me the answers which was kinda hilarious. Still passed though.

Good luck on your exam

WomboCombo

HSC
Actually, I just did mine yesterday! :D
I think the questions vary across examiners and obviously they're mixed up, but there's a list of expected things to know for the general knowledge component of your Grade 8 AMEB piano exam: ameb.unimelb.edu.au/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/General-Knowledge-Guidelines.pdf
The questions that I got asked were:
What period was ___ piece composed in
What form is this piece?
Does ___ composer have a 'style'? Describe the style
What other works were composed by ___ composer?
Any key modulations?
etc.

Good luck for yours! :)

Sien

将来: NEET
HSC
Actually, I just did mine yesterday! :D
I think the questions vary across examiners and obviously they're mixed up, but there's a list of expected things to know for the general knowledge component of your Grade 8 AMEB piano exam: ameb.unimelb.edu.au/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/General-Knowledge-Guidelines.pdf
The questions that I got asked were:
What period was ___ piece composed in
What form is this piece?
Does ___ composer have a 'style'? Describe the style
What other works were composed by ___ composer?
Any key modulations?
etc.

Good luck for yours! :)
For the modulation bits, my pieces are long af
Do I have to name like all 20+ key modulations

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)