How to add a Trombone bass line to a Queen song?? (1 Viewer)

Donut Please

HSC
I've stupidly told my teacher that I'm going to add a trombone bass line to the song Hammer To Fall by Queen for my assessment but I've got no idea how to do it. Can anyone help me out?

KingOfActing

lukewarm mess
HSC
How on earth is this an assessment???

Anyway, figure out the chords, decide what sort of line you want to add (Is it a tenor line or a bass line? Is it countermelody? Will it harmonic? Clashing or complementary?)

Once you've got that set, think about how to best fit the instruments tone colour to the piece. My piece of advice is to either stay very close to the original piece, with little additions, or to completely change the piece and turn into something new or contemporary. Don't do anything in between.

leehuan

HSC
How on earth is this an assessment???

Anyway, figure out the chords, decide what sort of line you want to add (Is it a tenor line or a bass line? Is it countermelody? Will it harmonic? Clashing or complementary?)

Once you've got that set, think about how to best fit the instruments tone colour to the piece. My piece of advice is to either stay very close to the original piece, with little additions, or to completely change the piece and turn into something new or contemporary. Don't do anything in between.
No pun intended.

Ok I'm sorry

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)