About number of pieces of Music Composition (1 Viewer)

Blue Tongue

HSC
:thrust:Hello,
I have chosen to study Music 2 and Music Extension.
In the term 1 just passed, I have written one composition and submitted a portfolio to go with it.
I heard from someone that I will need to refine this same composition in future assessments rather than submitting a new piece.
Is this correct?
Can someone please let me know?
Thanks.
:spin:

blackbird_14

HSC
If this is your core composition that you're talking about, then yes, you'll probably have to go through stages of refinement if you didn't chose comp as your elective in music 2 or Extension. It does count for like 30% of your HSC mark (and probably the same for internals), and it's the only part of the HSC music course you can control, ie. Musicology and performance is very much a one shot thing, whilst comp you can refine until you're done.

However, if composition is your elective in music 2, and your elective in extension, then you'll still have two more compositions to complete, which makes for a total of 2 comps for the music 2 course, and one for extension (I'm not too sure about extension and how composition electives work, so if you are doing this elective, go ask for teacher to clarify).

KingOfActing

lukewarm mess
HSC
If this is your core composition that you're talking about, then yes, you'll probably have to go through stages of refinement if you didn't chose comp as your elective in music 2 or Extension. It does count for like 30% of your HSC mark (and probably the same for internals), and it's the only part of the HSC music course you can control, ie. Musicology and performance is very much a one shot thing, whilst comp you can refine until you're done.

However, if composition is your elective in music 2, and your elective in extension, then you'll still have two more compositions to complete, which makes for a total of 2 comps for the music 2 course, and one for extension (I'm not too sure about extension and how composition electives work, so if you are doing this elective, go ask for teacher to clarify).
Almost. In Music 2 you have your 1 core composition, and 1 more if you choose to do it for your chosen elective topic. Your core is 2 minutes in length and your elective is 3. Both ideally get marked multiple times at school, before being sent over to the Board for HSC.

In extension, if you choose to do composition as your major, you need to compose two contrasting pieces with total length not exceeding 6 minutes. In most schools, these are marked twice - once at the end of the second term and once more a few weeks before being submitted.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)