Thread: Subject Selection Music 2 or English Ext

HSC
    N/A

Subject Selection Music 2 or English Ext

I'm having a dilemma about my subject choices for next year so any comments would be really helpful.

Currently i've put:
    4U maths
    2U eng
    Eco
    Chem
    3U music

So that's 13 units altogether and i feel like that's going to be alot like workload and time wise. So i was thinking whether I should drop music and continue ext eng or continue with 13 units or do 2u music and ext eng and drop it later???? I would really prefer 11 or 12 units but idkkkk.

In terms of my abilities, I'm ranked pretty good in english and my school is one of the top 10 schools in english. For music I play piano and I'm currently doing lmus but i mean if i dropped music, i would probs just quit piano hahaha? yeah idk. pls help.

HSC
    N/A

Re: Subject Selection Music 2 or English Ext

I think you have to choose music, i understand that it's not practical, but i believe in art. When i was student i chose to be essay writer, when my parents were confident, that i will became accountant

HSC

It's up to you. I would personally choose to continue Music 2, because you can get by with talent + hard work, particularly if you're good at performing, whereas I wouldn't even be doing English Ext 1 if there wasn't an English Ext 2, where I can create and showcase my own thing.

However, you'll most likely end up with a higher ATAR if you keep English Ext, though. Especially since you're good at it + your school ranking.
    Prelims 2017

English Advanced | English Extension 1 | Ancient History | Business Studies | Modern History | Legal Studies | Music 2

HSC 2018

English Advanced | English Extension 1 | English Extension 2 | Music 2 | Music Extension | Modern History | Legal Studies

ATAR Aim: 98.50

HSC

Do both
    2015 HSC
    Mathematics 2U
    2016 HSC
    Advanced English, Drama, Maths 3U, Maths 4U, Music 2, Extension Music, Chemistry, Software Design & Development
    Currently studying
    Advanced Mathematics (Hons)/Computer Science @ UNSW (2017– )

Thread Information