How many performances? (music 2) (1 Viewer)

kendallkreene

HSC
We had our elective performance as an assessment the first semester of year 12.
We then have a Core Aural assessment task, which is a lesson plan.
We then have our Composition assessment task.
Then Term 3, 2018 - Week 4/5, it's the "exam period", where we perform our core performance.

So we're only performing 2 pieces for the entire year? Or is the Term 3, 2018 "exam" a trial, and the final HSC sees all pieces performed?

boredofstudiesuser1

HSC
We had our elective performance as an assessment the first semester of year 12.
We then have a Core Aural assessment task, which is a lesson plan.
We then have our Composition assessment task.
Then Term 3, 2018 - Week 4/5, it's the "exam period", where we perform our core performance.

So we're only performing 2 pieces for the entire year? Or is the Term 3, 2018 "exam" a trial, and the final HSC sees all pieces performed?
That's really weird. I'm pretty sure you have to perform 2 electives + 1 core internally and then again for HSC...

We're doing core performance and comp portfolio first (for term 1 & 2) and then all elective stuff (2 pieces) + aural exam for trial.

You should probably ask your teacher about that.

kendallkreene

HSC
That's really weird. I'm pretty sure you have to perform 2 electives + 1 core internally and then again for HSC...

We're doing core performance and comp portfolio first (for term 1 & 2) and then all elective stuff (2 pieces) + aural exam for trial.

You should probably ask your teacher about that.
Yeah I should! The teachers at my school are really lazy, so they don't reply to emails during the break. I'll ask my teacher when the term starts.

Also, how are you going to set out your comp portfolio?

boredofstudiesuser1

HSC
Yeah I should! The teachers at my school are really lazy, so they don't reply to emails during the break. I'll ask my teacher when the term starts.

Also, how are you going to set out your comp portfolio?
Oh, right, that's annoying :/

I've been thinking about comp portfolio layout for a while, but then I realised the best thing is just to document every single thing I do on it, to make it more comprehensive and just show heaps of though process. E.g. marking criteria breakdown, include the analysis we do of last 25 years pieces (even the in-class ones), annotate excerpts of last 25 years music etc.

Probably a diary dated format, where writing my entire thought process might be beneficial.

What were you thinking of doing?

blackbird_14

HSC
The core performance is of two works I thought, or maybe that was the elective one. In which ever case, you'd probably be performing two pieces at one of them, but yeah check with your teacher.

For my Comp diary, I saved a new copy every time I did something major to it, and every day (I worked on Sibelius primarily). This I would defintely recommend, in case you hit a brick wall with ideas and need to revisit past ideas. So I would annotate it, and if I needed more space I'd put a number or symbol and continuing writing on the page before or after it. If I had ideas during class, or a certain inspiration, I'd write that first. But it depends on how you want to lay it out, I found portfolios easy to write, and got good marks in them too (but I'm pretty sure I am the minority).

kendallkreene

HSC
Our school provides us with Composition Portfolios that outline all we have to record with blank space underneath to fill in as we go. Sort of like a diary entry format. I love the structure and how it looks so professional (already laminated and put together), and can easily obtain full marks if you are thorough and comprehensive as @boredofstudies said!

My main concern is the composition itself, of course. I have two opposite ideas but not sure which to run with.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)