AMEB Exams? (1 Viewer)

wizard146

HSC
So, has anyone else done an AMEB exam recently? How did it go?

wizard146

HSC
Umm, it went ok... I did 8th grade piano and I got a B+ which is more than I deserved for the amount of work I put in this year! The examiner was so nice, which was good.
Good luck for your exam!

audra

did anyone say opera?
HSC
Ameb Singing

hi, well i did my singing exam in sept. for 4th grade classical, i was quite nervous because i had never done an singing exam before, also for the fact that it was the most tiny room on the planet with a grand piano and the examiner. The examiner was one of those people who for the last 45 years they have been singing, teaching, examining. So they know everything there is to know! I got A HONORS, i was so thrilled and now hopefully in May i will do my 5th grade classical singing. cheers!

IMAGINE- JL

bennyboy249

HSC
hey,
i've done my 5th grade practical for piano in about last august i think...i went pretty well compared to what i'd put in for it! lol, i got a B...i let myself down on the technical side of it...hint hint for anyone doing an AMEB piano exam...KNOW UR SCALES, ARPPEGGIO'S AND EVERY OTHER TECHNICAL LITTLE THING THAT IT SAYS!!! THEY WILL ASK YOU!!!! i've learnt from experience! lol...catch ya's later

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
I failed 8th grade piano.
I failed the AMusA in piano.
I currently play at an LMusA level.

yay me.

Dr_Doom

HSC
lmao! I didn't kno u were allowed to goto the musas if you hadn't done 8th grade...

I

icycloud

Dr_Doom said:
lmao! I didn't kno u were allowed to goto the musas if you hadn't done 8th grade...
It's pretty hard to fail 8th grade... Maybe by "failed" he means he got C or something?

BeatMaker

HSC
AMEB Theory

Hi! I was just wondering, is it worth getting those grades? because i haven't done any grades at all. I play the drums (maybe that's why). Im considering to take grades for percussion and theory when i get to uni (Bachelor of Music Education - at the Con). For me, i've done Music 2 and Music Extension. Is it worth it for me to get those grades? - and what's those musicianship things... do i need em?

Bunny04

VIVE LA FRANCE
Well for starters, Australia, NSW, Sydney- and fin
HSC
You don't really need to do AMEB grades. It's not important.. unless you want your Amus A or Lmus next to your name.. but hey, you'll have Bmus next to it (that sounds way cooler) At the Con you do theory (harmony) and Aural - which is in Musicianship too- I don't think its necessary.

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
icycloud said:
It's pretty hard to fail 8th grade... Maybe by "failed" he means he got C or something?
Nope, I got a "D". The examiner was a dick, but the grade stood. Didn't stop me though, I just went on to try for my AMusA. Of course, the fact that I attempted That after starting the HSC course was probably to my detriment, but hey, it happens.

After I finish the BABMusStudies, I'll probably try for the AMusA again, just so I can say I have it.

leeam

HSC
did 6th practical piano (i think, or was it 7?) in piano for leisure, and got a C+. Thought id fail, what with year 12 and all.
Then the theory exam-never done one before, had to do 3 yrs of theory in about 4 months, and got a 94%!! ecstatic!!

jeniii

HSC
heey lol can some one please tell me all the rest of the .mus's after 8th grade? so confusing =/ oh and do you have to HAVE to do 6th grade theory for a.mus? >< its soo hard and so much effort and time needed. i thought 5th grade was needed and thats all =/

cimbom

HSC
... I did 4th Grade Classical Piano back in April; but i'm continuing now to finish all grades without taking anymore exams. I get too freaked out and stuff up easy things like the aural tests, my fingers slip on the keys... I don't think it's really worth it unless you want the professional recognition.

Last edited:

Nesty

Proud TB =)
HSC
last AMEB exam for me was....... *thinks back* last year may... god.. i swear it was just horrible.. 8th grade piano got a C... should have failed tho.. haha.. and just to add to the probs.. i hated piano for 9 months after that and didn't play at all.. but i play now :) so it's all good..

used to do violin as well.. but stopped at grade 3 last last dec.

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
jeniii said:
heey lol can some one please tell me all the rest of the .mus's after 8th grade? so confusing =/ oh and do you have to HAVE to do 6th grade theory for a.mus? >< its soo hard and so much effort and time needed. i thought 5th grade was needed and thats all =/
You only need 5th grade Musicianship for the AMusA, and I assume it's just 5th grade Theory as well.

After the AMusA is the LMusA (Licensiate diploma) and the FMusA (Fellowship diploma).

I_F

barrel_roll

Harmonic Dissonance
HSC
I took my grade 8 piano exam last year and just managed to get an A. I didn't think i'd get it with the amount of practise i did throughout the year, but i made up for it in the 2 days prior to the exam, 3 hrs each day=P

Not doing grades this year, have to focus on hsc!!!

Dr_Doom

HSC
I'm doing 7th grade violin tomorrow morning. Wish me luck :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)