The 2004 HSC - Chemistry Paper (1 Viewer)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
There was a 7 mark question on the ozone layer and CFC alternatives that I couldn't for the life of me see how more than 5 marks were allocated. Overall it was a long test with too many extended responses, but otherwise fine.

grimreaper

HSC
I think its good to have a few extended response sort of questions.. sorts people out

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
withoutaface said:
There was a 7 mark question on the ozone layer and CFC alternatives that I couldn't for the life of me see how more than 5 marks were allocated. Overall it was a long test with too many extended responses, but otherwise fine.
A mark or two was probably for the formulas showing the removal of ozone by chlorine, probably another for defining each CFC, HCFC, HFC in that usual fashion. And with that I won't post in the chemistry exam thoughs, cause I loved it and seeing MC answers would make me backtrack my mind and I hate that.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
grimreaper said:
I think its good to have a few extended response sort of questions.. sorts people out
mmm, sorts us into the humanities/english minded and the maths/science minded. Which one of those do you think should be suceeding at chemistry?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Xayma said:
A mark or two was probably for the formulas showing the removal of ozone by chlorine, probably another for defining each CFC, HCFC, HFC in that usual fashion. And with that I won't post in the chemistry exam thoughs, cause I loved it and seeing MC answers would make me backtrack my mind and I hate that.
Yeah I wrote down the formulae for ozone depletion, then I defined CFC's and gave examples of their use, and the said that Hydrochloroflurocarbons are less likely to release chlorine into the atmosphere than CFC's and as such were better than CFC's, and then went on to say that Hydroflurocarbons were the most suitable because they had no chlorine

grimreaper

HSC
I dont think that question in particular was a bad one, as it was testing your knowledge of chemistry. But yeah from memory there were a couple of dumb "assess" questions which dont really belong in a "chemistry" exam

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I reckon overall I'll get somewhere around the 80% mark

EDIT: Can someone who's done a fair few past papers comment on the difficulty compared to previous years?

Last edited:

matt_f64

HSC
N/A
that is really bad quality whoever put that paper up... its ok for a quick glance but noway is neone gona print that off...

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
matt_f64 said:
that is really bad quality whoever put that paper up... its ok for a quick glance but noway is neone gona print that off...
Scan it up yourself if you're going to bitch...
EDIT: And after looking at them a second time they aren't bad quality either, I dunno what you're talking about man

matt_f64

HSC
N/A
ok ill just u know, get the chemistry paper out of my arse..... seeing as i dont do chemistry and am just having a look at the paper, shut ur hole.

mishka

HSC
N/A
withoutaface said:
Yeah I wrote down the formulae for ozone depletion, then I defined CFC's and gave examples of their use, and the said that Hydrochloroflurocarbons are less likely to release chlorine into the atmosphere than CFC's and as such were better than CFC's, and then went on to say that Hydroflurocarbons were the most suitable because they had no chlorine
ah, wah?? i'm so glad i dropped chemistry last year!! that would have been 4 exams in one week! :eek:

hope everyone survived it!! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)