copper concentration (1 Viewer)

Steven12

Lord Chubbington
HSC
does it matter, like do you have to round it to a really accurate decimal, i mean as long as you show the working out...

tomato_sauce217

OMG//
are u sure it's 0.03 moles/Litre???
i had that figure some where in the anwer because like.... initially it was that... den it was displaced and some copper ions are gone.. i calculated.. it's a diff answer

sub

i think i got something like 0.007 ish...not sure...maybe it was a 3?
but yeah that sounds abt right. maybe too many zeroes too...haven't checked and dont wanna either.

Sanchez__

HSC
From what I remember, initial conc of cu was 0.0125. I think the final conc turned out at about 0.007 but not sure on that.

sub

Sanchez__ said:
From what I remember, initial conc of cu was 0.0125. I think the final conc turned out at about 0.007 but not sure on that.
hey thats what i got...hope im right. :)

Z

Zeppelin

Yeah, I got 0.029... All you had to do was calucluate the concentration of the extracted copper, and subtract it from the initial concentration. I got it, but it was the biggest fluke. I can't believe how well I did!

tina_goes_doo

Pharmer in Training
HSC
Yeah i got 0.03 too. Did it the same way as zepplelin but had stuff with moles and crap. Then divided it but the volume to get the concentration.

babygoose!

>>rraahhh<<
HSC
yeh i had something like 0.03 as well...good to hear so many of you had the same answer cos i wasnt quite sure if i was right

tina_goes_doo

Pharmer in Training
HSC
I was certain i didn't have it right! I thought i knew the calculations but....it was all a lie!!

xprshn

bum...
HSC
N/A
OMg quit shattering my hopes !!.. i got 0.04 . awww

What about me?
It isn't fair.. i've had enough now i want my share
Can't you see.. I wanna live..

lucyinthehole

i got some answer in the most roundabout, non scientific way. just kinda followed my crazy logic, like "if this is this, then this is that". i think i got something close to the answers here so.... *fingers crossed* and i only came back to that in the last 5 minutes. couldn't figure it out before that.

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
i just calculated the number of moles in the original solution then calculated the nuber of moles which was reduced. took that away from the initial and then divided that by the volume of the liquid.
i had 0.007 in the end. then you had to divide this by the volume to get the answer

Last edited:

smegthehead

is chairman kaga
HSC
i can't remember what my answer was, but i remember that i found the number of moles of displaced copper, subtracted that from the number of moles of copper originally in the solution, then used the moles=(molarity x volume)/1000 equation to find the concentration

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)