What about the students who were sick/didn't do the exam? (1 Viewer)

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
The HSC exam is so lenient - let us talk after the exam (in the exam room with the papers on our desks), and we can take the exam home. But what about the guys who didn't do the exam today? Do they sit an alternative paper, or do they have the opportunity to get hold of the exam and cheat?

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Gesus said:
neither, estimates based on their school rank and assessment marks
So if you got 100% in all your school assessments, you would automatically come 1st in the state?

Mumma

HSC
So wait, you own your assesements at school, become seriously sick for 2 weeks during the HSC, and youll still get a good 85+ UAI?

senso

Left BOS 11/04
HSC
N/A
i guess so. But i reckon that's a fair way to do it. Because if you do well in your school assessments your most likely going to do well in the hsc.

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
Your assesment marks get aligned like everyone elses. So, you can still manage a great mark for a great assesment mark, it just gets moderated like everyone else's

masteraal

hmm i wish i was rich enough to bribe my teachers to give me 100%!!!!

then id get a heaps good UAI :p

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
doubt tat.. i stuff skool assessment (not all but some, hate rainy days) but the hsc seems ok....
oh and when ever i was sick and doing the exam, always got pretty good marks... (faint~)

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
So your school could rort your assessment marks (all 100%) and cover for the entire grade when they're "sick" for the HSC exam period, and everyone in that school would get UAIs of 100??

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
^ No because, a) somebody would tell BOS and shit would hit the fan and b) BOS isn't that stupid.

Owyn

HSC
Thats as stupid as my friends plan, aparently the UAI is actually a 2 bit integer, or something like that, where 0 represents the highest UAI. His plan was too fail every school assessment and score a zero on every test, therefore scoring 0, which represents the highest mark.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
The UAI is not an integer, it has 2 decimal places. 100 is the highest, then 99.95, then 99.90 etc. the lowest you can be given on your report from BoS is 30 and below. If you get 0 for every exam you will definitely get <30 UAI

yulia

i'm sorry for your face.
HSC
If you don't sit the test at the time the test is running, then you don't do the exam. For this reason you are encouraged to attend the examination even if you are ill or injured, but you sit it on your own (special provisions), and if you still end up doing badly, i.e lower than your school assessment mark, you get your school assessment mark.

But you have to prove that you really were affected, or the BOS denies your application, and sometimes the hassle you have to go through, and the forms you have to fill out are just not worth the bother :/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)