This Years Vs. Last Years Paper.. And Alignment (1 Viewer)

Seed_Strife

HSC

K Guys i Reckon This year's paper was a little bit harder than last years'
Last Years was easier on the whole except q10 and a bit of q9 but i think
with this year's paper the difficulty was consistent throughout the exam
and also, in this years paper there were way too many questions awarding only 1 mark.
I am hoping that the alignment is gonna be like last years, What do you guys think. :cool:

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
There was an article in today's SMH that said the general perception of teachers was that the paper was fairer than last year's.

Acid

HSC
I reckon what Seed_Strife said is pretty fair... last year's paper the questions were easy up to about 6-7... and then got hard. Whereas this year they were hard throughout but question 10 was a bit easier. Well, that's what I think anyway...

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
Lazarus said:
There was an article in today's SMH that said the general perception of teachers was that the paper was fairer than last year's.

They said that for ENGLISH TOO~!!! =.=|||

J

jhakka

The easy questions were a tad harder than last years, while the hard questions were a bit easier.

superbird

HSC
i reckon it was about the same. will probably be 5 marks shorter than the raw marks needed for band 6 last year tho

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Overall the paper probably evens out, although more people will get higher marks in the last few questions this year, more people will probably get less marks in the earlier questions this year.

DreamSlayer

HSC
I gotta agree with Seed_Strife and Acid, i found last years paper quite easy in comparison to this years. i to thought there were to many 1 markers, and the time needed to answer them was worth more then a mark.

mishka

HSC
N/A
76% for a band 6?? are you sure?? i thought i did ok in this exam - minus a few stupid mistakes... i hope i get band 6 - it would really help my UAI!! :)

JayWalker

HSC
sneeble said:
I hope you're right as I want a band 6, but I think this years paper was much easier than last years, especially question 10...

:\
Yeah well it was fairer (Easier)...

matt_f64

HSC
N/A
mishka said:
76% for a band 6?? are you sure?? i thought i did ok in this exam - minus a few stupid mistakes... i hope i get band 6 - it would really help my UAI!! :)
a "BAND 6" wont help ur UAI... whether u get an aligned mark of 89% or 90% (band 5 and band 6 respecitively) is hardly gonna effect ur UAI at all... its more that u hav consistent good marks across all subjects that will help ur UAI!

mishka

HSC
N/A
a band 6 will help my UAI since my other subjects don't usually scale as well. oh well, we'll see i guess... :)

tennille

HSC
The UAC take your raw marks and scale them independently of how the BOS scales them.

Acid

HSC
Tennille said:
The UAC take your raw marks and scale them independently of how the BOS scales them.
Is that good or bad?

Also, you know how assessments/HSC take up 50/50. Is it better to get awesome assessment rankings and do not as well in the HSC, or the opposite? Or is it the same thing...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)