Who thinks they failed? (1 Viewer)

nattylee

HSC
i think i failed. most of my school thinks they failed. and i really couldnt care less...i studied, i stuffed up. not the end of the world.

oh, and to those who think it was 'easy'...well, some people found it hard and i was one of them, so you cant really judge what is hard for some and easy for others.

cAinesy

HSC
yeh, id say i failed big time.. oh well i didnt study so there u go.. itz over now not much i can do.

J

jhakka

nattylee said:
i think i failed. most of my school thinks they failed. and i really couldnt care less...i studied, i stuffed up. not the end of the world.

oh, and to those who think it was 'easy'...well, some people found it hard and i was one of them, so you cant really judge what is hard for some and easy for others.
And on the same note, for those who found it hard, there are people who found it easy, so it's equally unfair to tell us what the test was like. Otherwise we're just playing with double standards, aren't we? :)

HSC
i most definitely failed. in hindsight i don't know why i got so worked up about it, when i knew perfectly well that maths wouldn't count for me anyway (being that i have 12 units, and my assessment marks for maths in the past two years have consistently managed to suck and blow at the same time).

as for the exam not being that hard, pffft. i guess i'm just not a mathematically minded person at all.

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
i went OKAY in maths
i did't fail but my mark won't be band 6 worthy though
it would be nice if a person went extremely well in my grade
then they could pull me up coz id love that

pandora

HSC
katietheskatie said:
well someone has to make up the band one and two's, right?
yeah, i think cos the test was easy for heaps of people, band one and two will b huge, while band 5 and 6 will b small, as most people will get in the higher percentages.... :)

margot

lalala...
HSC
maybe it wasnt hard for some people but for the rest of us band 1 and 2ers, do u think there is something encouraging u could say? like, maths isnt everything, and at least u gave it a shot and didnt just not turn up.

pandora

HSC
bloodysunday said:
well, that sucks from my point of view, i did fairly well in that, and you're telling me that my mark is gonna go down... damn damn damn

mayb not down, just the higher bands will have a smaller range of scores, for instance, if last years paper was harder, and band 6 was 85, this year's being easier might have a cut off of 90%- or something like that.....

hopefully it wont do too much damage thou! :)

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Didnt do well but it wasnt a disaster either. Meh, if i get the same as trials, good enough for me. Maths never agreed with me anyway it wasnt and never will be my forte lol

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
margot said:
maybe it wasnt hard for some people but for the rest of us band 1 and 2ers, do u think there is something encouraging u could say? like, maths isnt everything, and at least u gave it a shot and didnt just not turn up.
ok...
*intones*
Maths isn't everything. At least you gave it a shot and didn't just not turn up.
:p
seriously though...margot is right. personally, i found it fairly easy, but i have enough friends who are 4U maths geniuses to know that nothing is worse than when you come out of a maths test and you go "oh, that last question was really hard and it took me 15 minutes but i think i finally got it!" and then they go "oh, you thought that was hard? it took me about 1 minute and...by the way...that answer's waaaay off - it's really this". you feel terrible and not even like english where you can still hope you;ll get marks for a cohesive argument - in maths you're either wrong or your right.
im not saying that you shouldn't be able to say that you found it easy - im just asking that people can try to be a little compassionate when they do so. writing "it really wasn;t all that hard you know..." straight after someone has posted that they felt they went badly isn't very considerate. we're all under a lot of stress and don't need it added to by a discussion of how, on any test, someone must be stupid because you and everyone you know found it easy. it's a terrible feeling and one that we wouldn't like ourselves - so try to keep the comments nice huh?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)