90 / 120 - please align (1 Viewer)

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
hey
i added up wat i got and i know i got 90 / 120 +- 5

can someone, not one of u nerd ppl who though the exam was a piece of cake, give a proper estimate of wat u think that will go to please

sub

yeah ur fine...band 6 easy, prolly mid 90's to boot :)

im at 103ish without checking...soon to drop :(

BillyMak

Silent majority
HSC
If this helps at all, someone at my school last year told me they -thought- they got 72/120, and ended up getting an aligned mark of 84, mid-high E3.

sub

u mean an E4?? yeah ull get there fine... :) im trying for that too...only with my chem, im not so sure anymore...look, if u got 90 or thereabouts, u got about 10 marks leeway before u drop a band...more than enough room to breathe...ull get there easily :) dont stress out :)

fantasia

HSC
i know someone who reckons they got 80ish last year they ended up with 94. But this year was a significantly easier test.. so 90 i reckon will be about 92

last year there were 2000 something candidates doing 4 unit. this year it boosted to 3700 i think. so just hope that the extra candidates arnt too smart..

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
u reckon this was easier than last yr?
some ppl said it was harder
i never did last yrs though

sub

uhh, 90 scaling to 92 doesnt sound right...maths ext 2 scales shitloads...about 70% in the exam means a band 6...NOTE: this is a generalisation...so yeah, 90 scaling to 92 is a bit too small for scaling. i think it will be at 82 again.
anyone else, apart from me, find last year's paper easier? i got 98/120 and this year will probably go down from that :( like around 90ish :(

Archman

HSC
N/A
gordo said:
u reckon this was easier than last yr?
some ppl said it was harder
i never did last yrs though
ye i would think so. (but really didnt try last years properly under exam conditions)

Gesus

HSC
PIFT, Don't listen to anyone, the trust of the matter is NO ONE KNOWS
105+ could be the e4 barrier, no one will know until dec 18th or whatever

take everyones 'estimates' as pure guesses

sub

mate what u say is true...but we're tring to boost morale...some ppl have three exams or more this week...no need to kill them at the beginning of the week. like i sed before, eveerything i sed is a generalisation based on prepvious years. goodluck with future exams though... :)

fantasia

HSC
yeh this years paper is easier in terms of the last two questions.. 7 and 8 wasnt as hard as it was last year.

but overall i found last years paper to be similar in difficulty.. this years paper had some tricky bits.. (conics), but 7-8 i found wernt that hard.

its subjective as to whether its easier or harder..

sub

in other words the scaling is left up in the air...i suggest u move on...and forget abt it, u'll find out what u get on the 18th of december...

Dougie

Procrastinating Member
HSC
yeah, i'm with forgetting everythin now...
never again must we delge into the world of 4u maths!!!! :) :)

sub

Dougie said:
yeah, i'm with forgetting everythin now...
never again must we delge into the world of 4u maths!!!! :) :)
not unless u do engineering...electrical especially...they gotta kno complex numbers and circle geo... u still gotta kno some shit...but no more morning class!!! what a relief! fukn annoying waking up and catching a train b4 the sun comes up...AARGH!!
never again...im gonna pick uni hours that start from like 11am... :)
no more mornings for me :)

Rorix

HSC
archman: how did you go?

ngai was 119 but that was before he'd had too much time to discuss sillies, he wont talk about it anymore:(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)