Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 76 to 88 of 88

Thread: How easy was that exam?

  1. #76
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    11
    g0t a hobo in my room

  2. #77
    Resident Jew gordo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    HSC
    2004
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    bondi, sydney
    Posts
    2,353
    Rep Power
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by thaoroxy2001
    I guess no one can really guess what they'll get for their exam mark...in 2003 a guy came out saying....'oh yeah...that test was sooo easy...I reckon I got 82/84' and then when he got the results back he got 95/100 scaled mark
    while another girl said she reckon she got 77/84 or less and her actual scaled mark was 96/100...so anyone who is really worried...don't let others intimidate you...cause nothing is for certain.

    And another thing: one person may be good in one particular exam and bomb out in another exam.....so people stop criticising withoutface coz he's just overly happy I guess because he didn't do quite as well in his chemistry exam - ''I reckon I got in the 80's hoping for 90's"

    yeh its so true
    although the answers have been posted by someone so i guess u can check em

    i think i got like 70/84 cause i screwd up the circle geo and the binomials but after looking at the answers circle geo was soooooo easy...its annoying how it was 2 marks. do u reckon i would get a mark for proving the two triangles were similar, even though that was irrelevant

  3. #78
    secksy beast Supra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    HSC
    2004
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    On Top.
    Posts
    2,404
    Rep Power
    12
    nah its not irrelevant thats how u prove that particular theorem i think

  4. #79
    But pieces of what? Slidey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    HSC
    2005
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,601
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by silvermoon
    people rarely keep being horrible to someone without some reason - especially when they are asking for help. i guess id have to be classed a "nerd" and yet shes always been nice to me - so what does that tell you?
    It tells me she doesn't know/think you're a nerd. After all, it's only lately that the label of 'nerd' has been extended to encompass poetry buffs, literary fanatics and historians - basically the humanities people.
    Quote Originally Posted by jezzmo
    Slidey said sydney but sandy said snog. Slidey said friday, but freddie said pieday. Slidey said tomorrow, a day can I borrow? Slidey says yes and will be beautifully dressed.
    If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.

  5. #80
    spiKu
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    HSC
    2004
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    not telling
    Posts
    954
    Rep Power
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by thaoroxy2001
    I guess no one can really guess what they'll get for their exam mark...in 2003 a guy came out saying....'oh yeah...that test was sooo easy...I reckon I got 82/84' and then when he got the results back he got 95/100 scaled mark
    while another girl said she reckon she got 77/84 or less and her actual scaled mark was 96/100...so anyone who is really worried...don't let others intimidate you...cause nothing is for certain.
    People sometimes BULLSHIT their raw mark or say that they flunked just so that when they get their actual results it looks much better. The 82/84 guy must have made some mistake that he didn't notice, while that other bitch must have lied. You ALWAYS know how well you go, ESPECIALLY in maths, every prediction i made from the half yearlies for me have been dead accurate. In the half yearly i said 75+ for 2unit and 60+ for 3unit, what do i end up getting? 76% for 2unit and 60% for 3unit. In the trials i said that i got 80+ for 2unit and 85+ for 3unit, what do i end up getting? 82 for 2unit and 83 for 3unit (made some mistakes).

    Personally i fucking hate people like that because it just looks so stupid. "OMG I FAILED", they come back with a 90% mark, "yeah i thought you failed mate".

  6. #81
    rawrrr charlie_charlie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    HSC
    2004
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    264
    Rep Power
    11
    no, i disagree, i thought I failed my half yearlys....and I was really upset....and then I came back and got 60%. so it does happen, that u completely get your mark wrong!
    "Procrastinate now, don't put it off"

  7. #82
    Bored member thaoroxy2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    HSC
    2004
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Northern Beaches
    Posts
    469
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by charlie_charlie
    no, i disagree, i thought I failed my half yearlys....and I was really upset....and then I came back and got 60%. so it does happen, that u completely get your mark wrong!
    same... I seriously thought I messed up my 4u maths trials...and I ended up getting top of the class...it's just sometimes u get a bit paranoid
    Degree: Medical Science @ Usyd
    UAI 2004: 98.85

    "A rounded life leads the way to Spiritual enlighment'' - Vo Vi Quy Nguyen

    ''Art is not a better, but an alternative existence; it is not an attempt to escape reality but the opposite, an attempt to animate it. It is a spirit seeking flesh but finding words'' - Joseph Brodsky

  8. #83
    Tutor
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    HSC
    2005
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,262
    Rep Power
    11
    heh you can't come out of an exam all nervous thinking you've got 10 wrong and then turn around to find full marks...

  9. #84
    spiKu
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    HSC
    2004
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    not telling
    Posts
    954
    Rep Power
    12
    Yeah well you suffer from paranoia my friend.

    Seriously though, in maths, you do a question, you KNOW if your right or not.
    SIMPLE AS THAT.

  10. #85
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    HSC
    2003
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    13
    Rep Power
    12

    3u

    Hey young un's,

    Quote Originally Posted by Li0n
    Yeah well you suffer from paranoia my friend.

    Seriously though, in maths, you do a question, you KNOW if your right or not.
    SIMPLE AS THAT.
    That's B.S. When i finished the 3U last year, I was 100% certain i would get 100%. Like I finished in 47 mins, and had well over an hour to check. You know those solns that some guy put up for 3U/4U, he did that last year too. I checked it, and I thought, 100 FOR SURE. BUT, I still only freaking got 99. So you don't always know whether you are right...

    Secondly, all you peeps saying 04 was harder than other papers, you will find that ppl say that every year. Like when we finished 03 everyone thought it was the hardest yet. What I reckon is, all the practice papers you do just isnt done in the "HSC environment". The pressure adds a lot to the difficulty. From looking at the 04 paper, I think it was at the same level as 03 (maybe a little longer). So if you knew your stuff, you should have been fine (your 7 (b) looks a little easier than our 7 (b)).

    Oh, I REALLY think your paper favoured 4U kids toooo much. I STILL REMEMBER doing a q very similar to your 7 (a) in a 4U class.

    I think 3U scales pretty well. From talking to my friends, I think if you got around 70/84 you should get band 6. You need to get 83 or 84 to get 100. Trust me, its easier than u think to make dumb little mistakes. I think what separates ppl who get 97+ is dumb mistakes.

    Good Luck !

    P.S. It's very easy to forget maths. So if you want to tutor or something, keep refreshing yourself... unless you're gonna do maths at uni (which u would have to if u do BSci or BEng or something).

  11. #86
    spiKu
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    HSC
    2004
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    not telling
    Posts
    954
    Rep Power
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Shragga
    Hey young un's,



    That's B.S. When i finished the 3U last year, I was 100% certain i would get 100%. Like I finished in 47 mins, and had well over an hour to check. You know those solns that some guy put up for 3U/4U, he did that last year too. I checked it, and I thought, 100 FOR SURE. BUT, I still only freaking got 99. So you don't always know whether you are right...

    Secondly, all you peeps saying 04 was harder than other papers, you will find that ppl say that every year. Like when we finished 03 everyone thought it was the hardest yet. What I reckon is, all the practice papers you do just isnt done in the "HSC environment". The pressure adds a lot to the difficulty. From looking at the 04 paper, I think it was at the same level as 03 (maybe a little longer). So if you knew your stuff, you should have been fine (your 7 (b) looks a little easier than our 7 (b)).

    Oh, I REALLY think your paper favoured 4U kids toooo much. I STILL REMEMBER doing a q very similar to your 7 (a) in a 4U class.

    I think 3U scales pretty well. From talking to my friends, I think if you got around 70/84 you should get band 6. You need to get 83 or 84 to get 100. Trust me, its easier than u think to make dumb little mistakes. I think what separates ppl who get 97+ is dumb mistakes.

    Good Luck !

    P.S. It's very easy to forget maths. So if you want to tutor or something, keep refreshing yourself... unless you're gonna do maths at uni (which u would have to if u do BSci or BEng or something).
    100 and 99 are, close. Like i said you must have been very pleased with how you went forgot on a shitty mistake you made and bla, you got it wrong. I was 100% sure i got 100% in this physics half yearly, i come out with 88%, forgot to change decimal places (from kilogram to gram) for a 3 mark and a 4 mark question so i get 1/3 and 1/4 for each of those.
    Yeah.

  12. #87
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    HSC
    N/A
    Gender
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10
    Rep Power
    11

    Post maths question

    a frog jumps 0.5m, it then jumps 0.1m and on each subsequent jump travels 0.2m of the previous distance. find to tal distance in which frog jumps.

    use geometric progression? sum of infinite?

  13. #88
    I'll stab ya
    Join Date
    May 2004
    HSC
    N/A
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Jumanji
    Posts
    3,994
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by bono2cool
    a frog jumps 0.5m, it then jumps 0.1m and on each subsequent jump travels 0.2m of the previous distance. find to tal distance in which frog jumps.

    use geometric progression? sum of infinite?
    This isnt the place to ask but you would use arithmetic series (ignoring the first two jumps and adding them on later) as after its first two jump it continually increases by 0.2m

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •