To the SMH Reporter or other VIP (1 Viewer)

chriscity1

To the SMH reporter or other VIP who reads this I have a few things I would like to say.

1) Use your reporting or other executive power to influence the board of studies. They should not make exams sooo hard that we can't do it and then scale them up. What does that prove? We are getting dumber?

2) If you really want to differentiate between the 20 or so mega nerds who can get question seven and all the others who have worked hard but can't....why not just create a fifth unit or something. Or a least give us more time in the exam.

I am confident you will use your power to change a system that I had the honour of failing miserably in- despite my hard work.

Dougie

Procrastinating Member
HSC
lol
i wish, but they'll never do anything.
oh well, if we had to suffer, let the following yrs suffer too!!!

Rorix

HSC
i thought the idea of the test was to assess the skills of the students

how do we distinguish between 200 people that get 84/84 if the test was really easy?

the problem is that despite your hard work, you probably just aren't very good at maths.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
I agree with him, you need to differentiate and to do that the last questions need to be harder.

Rorix

HSC
chriscity1 said:
I wasn't talking to you Rorix so shut up.

a bit emotional? What kind of test do you have in mind, 7 qs like q1?

by the way, i think you'll find Xayma is agreeing with me.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I'm with Rorix as well. I am of the opinion that anyone who put the work in would have done well in this exam, I know this because I failed my 3u prelim yearly (as in ~40%), but have worked my ass of this year to get to where I am now. So would everyone kindly shut the fuck up and quit bitching about the difficulty of this test, it wasn't hard, you're just lazy.

chriscity1

Your a bloody 4 unit er arn't you! Oh well I don't really care any more.

I did put the work in for the exam + I did every practise exam for the last 15 years.

cough....Oh well the beach looks good, At least I'm not a total nerd.

Last edited:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
chriscity1 said:
Ummm....Yeah you are right. Why does everone have to be right today? Your a bloody 4 unit er arn't you! Oh well I don't really care any more.
The fact that I do 4u is irrelevant, my point still stands. Maybe if you worked harder you would be doing 4u:)

Li0n

spiKu
HSC
If dumbshits like you can't keep up bl4sure drop 3unit its not right for you then.

Stop crying, it is perfectly fair. We in Australia get it off too easy as it is so shutup.

Rorix

HSC
it does of course require some natural skills.....like even if i just did 4u maths all year, I wouldn't necessarily get 100

mojako

HSC
their idea is so that they can determine the scaling for the ext2 course.
they compare the perfomanca of 4U students to the 3U students.
if the 4U do significantly better then their ext2 will scale better, and vice versa.
if the questions are easy they cant really compare them...
I guess thats their reasoning

Last edited:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Sweet_Lemon said:
wel... the one's who are NERDzzz.... are combination of study + smart (genezzz).
So far as the HSC is concerned any semblence of intelligence required to do the papers can be easily substituted with hard work. The HSC is 90% exam technique, and 10% real intelligence.

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
withoutaface said:
So far as the HSC is concerned any semblence of intelligence required to do the papers can be easily substituted with hard work. The HSC is 90% exam technique, and 10% real intelligence.
wel..some study hard, still beaten by the 4uzzzz

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)