Do they Mark the 3U hard (1 Viewer)

SandunAAA

HSC
Hey guys.

Do the HSC markers mark us hard?

I actually did most of the questions. But i think i made so many careless mistakes. A friend of mine said that even if you make a slight mistake you still get full full marks. Is this right?

For instance for 5 (A), i accidently let x=0 instead of x=2. Everything else was right. Hoewever cause of this mistake, i made alot of follow through mistakes, how many marks out of 5 would i get, assuming that all other steps were right, but all my final answs were wrong.

Also considering that 04 was much harder than 03, 02, 01 will the E4 cutoff be lower. I hope this year will be about 55-60/84 --->> 90s Aligned

Gesus

HSC
hm, well people have different opinions about difficulty, we'll just have to wait till dec 20th to find out the cut offs.

Also, this is maths, if you make a mistake like that, you will lose a mark, but the following answers based on that would be marked correct(if they are). If this was a science, they dont deduct marks for insignificant calculation mistakes, so you may have gotten the mark, but this isnt science.

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
A senior marker i know told me that the thing with HSC marking is that they will mark according to what is presented there. You will lose marks when a critical step, say identifying that acceleration is zero when displacement is zero, is not shown. If you dont illustrate that critical step, then the rest of your working will not be marked.

SandunAAA

HSC
Thankx. I think all my steps were there, just one mistake. Oh well.

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
u get error carried through for a whole subsection of a question
so if u made a mistake, try and make it really obvious, so the amrker can still follow your work
like making x = the wrong thing would then have made it easy for the marker to follow

Jase

HSC
haha. What if i just wrote the answer in the midst of all this random working out..

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
gordo said:
u get error carried through for a whole subsection of a question
so if u made a mistake, try and make it really obvious, so the amrker can still follow your work
like making x = the wrong thing would then have made it easy for the marker to follow
read my post:

kimmeh said:
A senior marker i know told me that the thing with HSC marking is that they will mark according to what is presented there. You will lose marks when a critical step, say identifying that acceleration is zero when displacement is zero, is not shown. If you dont illustrate that critical step, then the rest of your working will not be marked.
edit: thus, there is no ,marks awarded for carried error
anyway, most of the questions in the exam are not "carried" questions. If they did carry over, then they'd be asking you to prove something

Last edited:

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
thoe whole projectiles one was carried, or most of it anyway
and a senior marker and marker for 28 years, told me wat i mentioned above...

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Gesus said:
hm, well people have different opinions about difficulty, we'll just have to wait till dec 20th to find out the cut offs.

Also, this is maths, if you make a mistake like that, you will lose a mark, but the following answers based on that would be marked correct(if they are). If this was a science, they dont deduct marks for insignificant calculation mistakes, so you may have gotten the mark, but this isnt science.
They don't actually publish the cut-offs though do they?

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
don't think so...since they don't know who u are... (wel..if u r their student...sure they will mark easy) but mistakes still are mistakes...don't think they will just ignore it's there~~
yeh....we all hope they won't mark tat tough...but they do get irritated by doing it in the late night...like few hundred papers in one night~~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)