Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: the exam... how'd u go?

HSC

the exam... how'd u go?

so the exams just finished..

alot harder than our trials and basically more than what i expected...

what did everyone else thinK???

Banned
    HSC
    the exam stank!! seriously... c'mon absolute crap, i wld of passed but half of the questions we'd never done in class

HSC
    yeah same goes here... the teachers were waiting outside our exam rooms with dread on their faces.. they could see we were gonna kill em....

they asked alot bout experiments too which im nearly positive we didnt do many of em

i felt totally opposite i was that happy with the exam couldnt wip the smile of my face multiple choice were the only thing that i foung a little hard...

HSC
    i thought it was ALOT harder than past years, pluys our teacher didnt teach half of the stuff, or do the experiments!! oh well im stuffed for it

Its like the way we fight, at times i cry, we've come to blows and every night the passions' there so it's gotta be right...... right?

All the experiments they asked about were in the syllabus so you should have done them in class at some point. I thought the worst part of the exam was the multiple choice, some of those questions were really wordy and not to the point.

yeh wen i studied i followed the syllabus....so experiments were all covered... the multiple choice were weird agree on the workding... did many ppl leave early i was the 2nd last one in there at 5:40

Yeah, I think the test is a little too short for three hours. I stayed for about 2 and a half.

I did all the multiple choice questions from the past papers and they seemed alot easier than this years.

man that test wasn't that bad. buh as what some other people said, some of the experiments wern't even done in class. even if you do well in this, doesnt it scale you down since its a easy course?

It depends on how well you do. If you manage to get band 6, it's good for your uai.

Cadet
    HSC
    I found the multiple choice, lifestyle chem (cept the last one about how much oil) and bionics questions easy, but thought the elective and information systems questions really hard.

Red face

yeah! multiple choice was hard... but it was an alright exam overall

HSC
    our teacher did not do anything, The whole class tought themselves.
    Class of 04
    Feed Your Feet

HSC

yeah weird...

it was ok, but i was SO annoyed as everything i did study wasn't included. i found the "colloid" question very weird also. but oh well... i think i would've passed. i loved my option section (disasters) that was probably the only normal section.

GB

HSC
    i thought it was ok as others have said the multy choice was weird though... i don't think i did that well but hopefully i passed... not goin for a uai so i guess it dosn't matter much anyways

HSC

><

grr.. i know i lost like 4 marks for sure. farout. errr. nah it was an easy exam but like. just the wording of some things.. man too many people bag out this subject n dont realise that it can be .. kinda hard.. ish .. yes

Banned
    HSC
    the elective (diasters) was great really straight forward questions.... i was the 3rd last 2 leave after 2hr 15... questions about carbon dioxide?? i bullshitted the 1mrk, didnt do 2mrk but the 3mrk was good... overall hard compared 2 last yrs.. hopefully the markers realise so our marks may get scaled a bit..

HSC
    Overall - I didn't think it was too bad. Mulitple choice seemed a little ridiculously wordy. I didn't have to think so hard in this one, in comparison to the trial exam. I hate to jinx myself though - so I will shutup now! haha Goodluck to the rest of you with more exams to come... Gotta return to the study!
    ~* Class of 2004 *~
    2005 - Bachelor of Medical Radiation Science - Nuclear Medicine Technology
    2006 - Bachelor of Arts - Musical Theatre (WAAPA)

HSC
    hey, i didnt like the exam at all, i think mostly because i hadnt done the experiments, so that made it hard, i just bullshitted my way through it, i wasnt going to leave a question blank. i loved my elective (disasters), that was teh easiest part of teh test, i think i did really well i n taht section, shame about teh rest!
    oh well, best of luck to all for teh rest of teh exas, i have 1 more!!!! YAY!!!!!

the exam wasn't as easy as i had expected...and i swear we neva did the Am/FM radio prac. disasters option was good though i thought...i wrote like nearly 5 pages for the 7mark question on earthquakes and bushfires...so yeh all up i rekon i'll get a band 6...well at least i hope...

my thoughts

I don't think the exam was too bad, was a bit harder than the past papers i had done, but all in all i reckon it was fair. What was with the missing olive oil one but??? hehehe

HSC
    i hate it.. i usually do great at science and i love it but i hated this exam..

i missed the question about the oil too.. i had no idea
    and i totally forget the stuff about the carbon dioxide in the air.. stupid friggen

we didnt do the last experiment in the syllabus for our option so i missed that aswell..

so i threw away about 7 marks..
    UNE - 2005
    Adv Dip Naturopathy / Health Science

I LOVE IT WHEN YOU ____ MY _____

www.livejournal.com/users/jaded_by_design/

currently deferring, hanging around Wollongong..thus my constant appearences at UNIBAR!

i thought it was ok, if you knew your stuff it was fine. unfortunately, i didnt study a lot of the things in there. for that 7 mark question about the development of communication systems i wrote about using electromagnetic waves for communication and satellites, but now when i think about it their pretty much the same. what should i have wrote about?
    ~~Spread The Love~~

HSC
    Umm I think the missing oil one was to do a comparitive experiment of the solution, suspension and the colloid. Do you remember that one? I could be COMPLETELY wrong - correct me if I am guys! You shine a beam of light through all mixtures and when the light is scattered and giving a cloudy effect on the colloid one... the particles are therefore evenly dispersed throughout- so you have created a colloid with enough oil balance.
    ~* Class of 2004 *~
    2005 - Bachelor of Medical Radiation Science - Nuclear Medicine Technology
    2006 - Bachelor of Arts - Musical Theatre (WAAPA)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information