Visual Arts Theory HSC (1 Viewer)

2cool4skoool

HSC
What do i actually need to know/study for Art theory HSC?
Clearly i must know the frames, and conceptual framework...but what else?
Friends told me i need to know 4 artists from different time periods/movements in order to be able to write essays.
I need to know now so i can start studying!!!!

William92

HSC
From the Syllabus:
9.3.1 Case studies in the HSC course
A series of case studies (a minimum of FIVE) should be undertaken with students in the HSC course.
Case studies should be 4–10 hours in duration in the HSC course. Other more general critical and historical learning opportunities should continue to be offered during the
course.
Ask your teacher what one of the case studies you're going to be doing is, and work on that. Alternatively, choose for yourself an art movement or artist and investigate:

• the context of the movement/artist: knowledge of the subject's world is important to interpreting the concept and content
  • an artist from the movement, and how they contributed to the progression and status of the movement
  • a work by the artist, and how its content reflects the concept and context of the artist
  • etc etc etc repeat repeat repeat
Drill the frames, conceptual framework and artist's practice into your mind.

ButtonsPWD

HSC
Also, just stumbling around wikipedia, just clicking on that deliciously blue hyperlink can often help you come exam time, a little quote from an art critic or artist from a famous art movement does great things in terms of how well read you appear and your depth of knowledge. :D

MissAmazing

HSC
i kno this is going to be a stupid question, but is there a proper hsc exam for art theory? does anyone have any clue what it may ask if there is one??

imnotwallace

HSC
@MissAmazing

Goto the Board of Studies website and check out past years Visual Arts HSC papers

xocaitlinxox

HSC
What do i actually need to know/study for Art theory HSC?
Clearly i must know the frames, and conceptual framework...but what else?
Friends told me i need to know 4 artists from different time periods/movements in order to be able to write essays.
I need to know now so i can start studying!!!!
you should have learnt that in class.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)