Is anybody sick of their work (1 Viewer)

fatassmcfat

HSC
I actually really like my idea and stuff, but when I take my work and sit down and look at it I feel kind of like disgusted, because it doesnt look as good as I want it to- at the same time I know it will look good once i've actually finished. But its just the idea that whilst your working on it it looks bad and makes you feel unmotivated because you want it to look beautiful immediately. Does anyone else feel like this?

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
Haha omg this is my life encapsulated in a paragraph
I actually hate my work so much right now
I want to burn it but realise I'm super fucked if I do
I hate looking at it
I don't want to finish it either, but I must. I'm going to work on it tonight after taking a break from it aha

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Persist:)-For me art was also a love/hate affair all throughout high school, not just the HSC:)-just imagine the incredible sense of achievement you will feel upon its completion:)

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
Persist:)-For me art was also a love/hate affair all throughout high school, not just the HSC:)-just imagine the incredible sense of achievement you will feel upon its completion:)
haha yes!!
I think currently it's just the general mood and attitude towards it has been a bit bleh because it has taken so long and there's no really strong motivation to get more done. However, the general idea of just getting it done has been tugging me through :p

buriza

conviction
HSC
haha yes!!
I think currently it's just the general mood and attitude towards it has been a bit bleh because it has taken so long and there's no really strong motivation to get more done. However, the general idea of just getting it done has been tugging me through :p
personally from the parts I have seen here and there from your MW, I am confident your MW is going to be absolutely brilliant once it is completed :) I hope it does satisfy you once it is finished and I can understand this prospect of completion being encouraging for you

BlueBerrySun

Banned
HSC
Sometimes. It's a normal feeling. If you want to be pleased at your work (e.g. let's say you are writing a prep exam), then be concise and only write things which you KNOW as a matter of fact are good. If you can logically see why your work might be of a particular standard, e.g. Band 6, that is good. But if you are disappointed with your work all the time that suggests MAYBE (and I'm not saying this applies to you) that you aren't being careful with your writing.

asdfghjklmz

HSC
Yeah I know what you mean. I had this idea and also did some works but decided it was crap and now I'm starting all over again today...
Lord help me

Prawnchip

HSC
I want to vent too.

I hate art. It is so stressful! Those people who think that art is a bludge subject are so wrong....Art is the only subject that I have actually shed tears lol

Last edited:

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
:(

don't worry guys
I think we will all reach a stage of our major works where the finish line seems achievable and is there...and when that time comes, motivation starts to peak!!

WE CAN DO THIS :D

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
I want to restart now my temporary art teacher hates me and my work :(

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
seriously? what did they say :(
Its okay I think the head of art told her to back off :p

Its always too 'unrefined' but has eased of on us after seeing all the other major works in our cohort which is good :p
And told me 'seriously is this your draft?'

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
Its okay I think the head of art told her to back off :p

Its always too 'unrefined' but has eased of on us after seeing all the other major works in our cohort which is good :p
And told me 'seriously is this your draft?'
that's good!!! it really sucks when people aren't constructively critical :( it would feel as though you need to start your work again (which is insane if it were to happen)

woah :( that's really rude :( I haven't seen a lot of your work but I'm sure it isn't as "unrefined" as they make it out to be

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
that's good!!! it really sucks when people aren't constructively critical :( it would feel as though you need to start your work again (which is insane if it were to happen)

woah :( that's really rude :( I haven't seen a lot of your work but I'm sure it isn't as "unrefined" as they make it out to be
I think the teacher was just having a stress attack again. Someone in my cohort got told to restart :O

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
I think the teacher was just having a stress attack again. Someone in my cohort got told to restart :O
During stress attacks one does not tell a panicky HSC student to restart their major work.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I want to restart now my temporary art teacher hates me and my work :(
Notice the word 'temporary'-if she isn't permanent, there is nothing you should be worried about:)Remember, art is subjective and you need to objectively analyse other people's views, if they are founded upon an unjustified basis-just ignore them:)

BLIT2014

HSC
Uni Grad
Notice the word 'temporary'-if she isn't permanent, there is nothing you should be worried about:)Remember, art is subjective and you need to objectively analyse other people's views, if they are founded upon an unjustified basis-just ignore them:)
Thanks straberrye, my really art prac class told me that I was being stupid especially as we don't have only one teacher marking our major works (which is good and bad I suppose)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)