HSC Major Work for 2017 (1 Viewer)

izzyniaz

HSC
Hi guys, I have just started year 12 this term and we are starting to find ideas for our major works in art. so far I have 2 ideas but im not really sure how to portray them or whether they're overdone. My medium is photography.

1. exploring the concept of poverty either through landscapes, people or both

2. showing the journey of my grandparents and parents from Iran to Australia, photographing the ups and downs they experienced throughout their journey (not sure how i can photograph this idea but i really love it)

please let me know ASAP what you think!

Eddyhumphreyart

HSC
Hey,

Firstly i am a 2016 graduate student and had received full marks 50/50 for internal marking. I have no clue what i scored for external nor have i heard about Art Express.

The two ideas you have suggested are a brilliant start!

What i did for my Major work is in this link, so check it out and use mine as inspiration if you want to do Poverty - Syrian refugees living in depravity and isolation. https://www.facebook.com/Eddyhumphreyart/photos/?tab=album&album_id=626001777550440

I recommend using all the feedback from your teacher, get some ideas and look around on the web, newspapers and journals.

Don't make it cliche or something that is overused as it will annoy the markers. However using an overused medium can be very effective IF YOU ARE GOOD AT IT. E.g. Drawing, and my teachers always told me not to do drawing, well i got Peoples choice award and proved them wrong.

Message my art page for any other questions or further info.

Ps. Photography is a great medium!!

chiefpasco

HSC
Hey,

Firstly i am a 2016 graduate student and had received full marks 50/50 for internal marking. I have no clue what i scored for external nor have i heard about Art Express.

The two ideas you have suggested are a brilliant start!

What i did for my Major work is in this link, so check it out and use mine as inspiration if you want to do Poverty - Syrian refugees living in depravity and isolation. https://www.facebook.com/Eddyhumphreyart/photos/?tab=album&album_id=626001777550440

I recommend using all the feedback from your teacher, get some ideas and look around on the web, newspapers and journals.

Don't make it cliche or something that is overused as it will annoy the markers. However using an overused medium can be very effective IF YOU ARE GOOD AT IT. E.g. Drawing, and my teachers always told me not to do drawing, well i got Peoples choice award and proved them wrong.

Message my art page for any other questions or further info.

Ps. Photography is a great medium!!
holy shit you can draw!

jorie

HSC
I'm doing photography as a medium too! although i'm struggling to come up with a good concept with what i'm doing. I had an idea to create photographs of levitating objects/people but I feel like it really has no concept behind it or what I can make it become. Does anyone have any idea of how I can make levitating photography have somewhat a concept behind it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)