Economics Exam (1 Viewer)

T

the next bill

What are the thoughts concerning that exam? More importantly, who knows the answers of the multiple choice questions?

SpaceMonkey

Frak!
HSC
I was so hoping one extended response section had a macro question and the other had a globalisation question... but no... BOS farked me up! My section III was so crap!! I did exchange rates and globalisation... bleh!

edit: Oh and I found short answers very good! I said structual unemployment about 50 times.

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
dunno... multiple are kinda ok... not the short answer... (they are quite long)~~

CharlieB

?uestlove
HSC
the multiple choice were fair and the essays were to be expected, overall i think i did pretty well

disco_dave

is the disco_king!
HSC
didnt like the short answers... thought they were really vague as if BOS had run out of questions to ask!

section III was ok, although the case study question was somewhat different to what has been seen before!

chizzle1

HSC
N/A
yeah, im ussually crap at eco n i rekon i went okay, well hope i did lol. Oh well i geta bit of a break now, bio on monday ahhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sgt

mc was ok......short ok....except for last short answer question ugh...
essays were just wut i wanted....no micro bullshit.....just easy exchange rates and impact of fiscal/monetary on demand, inflation ...7.5 pgs each...spent to much time thinkn though , should 'ave wrote more

S

Shuter

I found it pretty good. I definatly got above 90%.

Multiple choice think I got 19 (stupid mistake).

Short answer, found good except one or two, maybe will drop 2-3 mark at most.

Essays. Wrote 8 pages on exchange rates, 9 pages on Monetary and Fiscal. Should at minimum be 18/20 for each.

masteraal

i think i fucked it totally :(
Q24 was gay to the max... my essays were total BS
i should have done more study...damn BOS is soo damn addictive!

henry

HSC
Shuter said:
I found it pretty good. I definatly got above 90%.

Multiple choice think I got 19 (stupid mistake).

Short answer, found good except one or two, maybe will drop 2-3 mark at most.

Essays. Wrote 8 pages on exchange rates, 9 pages on Monetary and Fiscal. Should at minimum be 18/20 for each.
shut up.

dont count your chickens before they hatch. quite often you overestimate your mark and you end up feeling like a knob.

how can you know how well your going to go without knowing how the bos are going to mark.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
It was a hard exam. The multiple choice was at a higher difficulty level than previous years and so were the short answers. The essays demanded rather focussed responses but weren't anything out of the ordinary.

Out of it all, I probably lost about 5 marks on the short answer (most on those fucking 5 markers :p) and a couple on my exchange rate essay, which I didnt do very well, maybe more than 3 marks which would be unfortunate.

Im pretty sure i got 20/20 for multi choice, since me and two other guys who are rather good at eco matched up exactly.

We'll see :D

disco_dave

is the disco_king!
HSC
henry said:
shut up.

dont count your chickens before they hatch. quite often you overestimate your mark and you end up feeling like a knob.

how can you know how well your going to go without knowing how the bos are going to mark.
well said... shuter, is that you in that photo??

prusso

HSC
well just wait 4 them 2 complain wen they get their results cos they were overconfident, happens ever year...

Ryan_Kill

i'm with henry...examplar BOS responses are usually approaching 20 pages in length. to write only 9 and expect at least 18/20 is a little cocky in my opionion.

S

Shuter

disco_dave said:
well said... shuter, is that you in that photo??
It is, why wouldn't it be.

And I know when I have the right answer. I can usually judge accurately how well I've went. and I've looked at all the exemplar responses for past years and marking notes.

I wrote more than the lines for every short answer bar one of them, my exams were all long and contained tons of information.

Don't tell me what I didn't get, you're in an even worse position to know than me.

^response to henry.

Last edited by a moderator:
V

vanbasten

Killed it I reckon. 20/20 for m/c. Mosy probably drop a few in the s/a but killed the essays. 14 pages for question 26 and 17 pages for question 28. Hoping for 17+/20.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)