Raw marks and scaling (1 Viewer)

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
ar5ena1 said:
yes it would
Its impossible to make stupid predictions like that since scaling changes every year, depending on the difficulty of the exam.

Hint : It was a difficult exam.

S

Shuter

neo_o said:
Its impossible to make stupid predictions like that since scaling changes every year, depending on the difficulty of the exam.

Hint : It was a difficult exam.
Hint : 88 is close to 90.

Hint : He doesn't even know if he got 88.

JoyDivision

Is Big In Japan
HSC
I said this in the other thread, but ill say it again.

One of the deputies at school set this exam.

Last year the average on multiple choice was 15.8 Board of studies said 'no bloody way mate' so they had to make this year quite difficult.

He said the whole paper was meant to be a challenge and that he felt even for the top candidture the paper would be 'searching'

S

Shuter

JoyDivision said:
He said the whole paper was meant to be a challenge and that he felt even for the top candidture the paper would be 'searching'
I'll agree with that, the questions felt they could be answered in a multitude of different ways and I was unsure exactly which approach to give.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Shuter said:
Hint : 88 is close to 90.

Hint : He doesn't even know if he got 88.
Hint : This post is irrelevant.

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
i made silly mistakes in mc....my god~~ wel... short answer not quite sure...but think not tat good~~ essayzz quite ok...blabbering on and on~~ekekek

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
I dont think it was hard at all neo. I think the essays were to be expected and allowed for much scope in answering. XR and CAD essays were very broad, much easier than the specific unemployment and inflation essays last year. The second group of questions on macroeconomic policy and globalisation, as if that wasnt basic, esp Q27 which i did.
Short answer was average. No harder than anything ive seen in past papers. The MC werent hard and werent easy IMO. Id hardly say it was a hard test.

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
the first mc came up in 200* before...if i remembered correctly...or some trial paper from other school (CSSAzz??) or probably commercial paperzzz

Rorix

HSC
absolution* said:
I think the essays were to be expected and allowed for much scope in answering.
No they didn't lol. You just think they did.

The second group of questions on macroeconomic policy and globalisation, as if that wasnt basic, esp Q27 which i did.
If you'd like me to prove my point, outline what you talked about and I'll tell you what was irrelevant.

Short answer was average. No harder than anything ive seen in past papers.
A 5 mark answer basically has to be perfect, there's no room for error like there is in the 4 mark 'describe TWO policies' or whatever questions where it's actually out of 2. It's really easy to lose marks, and I've talked to about 10 people who would expect 95+ marks in eco who thought it was a hard test.

:: dreami ::

Diamond BOS'er
HSC
i still think mid to high 80's will get you a band 6

the exam was mixed -- short answers were weird and lengthy but that was good because i hated those ones where they want you to define shit... cmon we're not in yr 7 anymore!

i liked that exam :) essays were straightforward, SA were full of BSin and MC were quite good too (excpet for my stupid blunder grrrr)

pitted

HSC
N/A
personally i thought it was an easy test....the hardest part was the mc!

only on a few Qs though - not all.

the ER were so easy and Q25 covered everything - may have been too broad though. and Q28 could have been pre-prepared till it was rote - i didnt do that although i wish i had - those where the Qs that i did.

and SA best ones i have ever read.

Easy test really - although im expecting about an 80 - 85 (never gotten higher b4 so why should i now???)

ciao

brunette

HSC
this is the easiest economics test ive come across..my trial was harder
the only question i was a bit unsure of was the last deregulation short answer question (couldnt remember...was excited that i finished SA)...multiple choice was relatively easy and the essays were heaven sent
but then again depends on the individual
overall if u didnt know ur stuff when then thats were it got really difficult :)

C

CaR

Hrmm, personally I didn't think it was a hard exam...but I'm sure I would've done heaps better than my trials :p

But yeah, I wasn't sure about the last question on that deregulation stuff....><"

matt_f64

HSC
N/A
fuck man i cant believe anyone thinks this test was hard... the multi choice i got 19 or 20 out of 20... u can always expect to slip up on one. the short answer was piss easy i new how to answer every question but ill allow up to a few marks off for them not understandin me or some shit i dunno. the essays were easy as ive done them before i wud expect 18/20 for both from my teacher but i dunno how these guys mark it so say 15/20 for each one at WORST!. that leaves me with around 86% at WORST, but if everything goes OK ill get well above 90% and i only studied for an hour the night before?? fuck im glad we have such a great teacher!

aditya

HSC
yeh all the dumb people said it was easy...

and u can just check what you got for mc post ur answers and ill tell u wat u got lol...

by the way... wat would 85 raw goto? 87/88? :$

Last edited:

Acid

HSC
Scaling is a lot better than you think. I was told low 80s/high 70s nets you immediate band 6... which is above 90 scaled...

You're forgetting the people in the state that just walk in and start writing BS the whole time...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)