Essays (1 Viewer)

Bevo

how did everyone go in there essays and wat Q did they do, and what u write about. I did Q 25 exchange rates and i think it was Q 27 the macro policys for growth and inflation

ay_caramba

Crazily Sane.
HSC
I did the same ones as u Bevo... i thought the essay q's were a godsend.. im very happy with this exam :)

Bevo

Bevo

Hey those who did the macro -policies one for Q 27, how was your essay structured, and did u include stance of MP and FP

ay_caramba

Crazily Sane.
HSC
Bevo said:
Hey those who did the macro -policies one for Q 27, how was your essay structured, and did u include stance of MP and FP
well i just divided it into monetary and fiscal policy and discussed how each one is used to affect infn and growth, inflation and eco growth performance in the 1990s, and limitations of each policy...
i wrote abt monetary first and talked abt it more extensively because it plays a more important role in the policy mix

yeah i dont think i mentioned the stance on mp..prob should have..i just talked abt how infn averaged 2.4% in the 1990s and how mp has been effective blah blah

with fp i also wrote how it could be ineffective when politically motivated, i wanted to write more on this year's budget but couldnt finish.. but i did say it has a mod expansionary stance hehe

egad... i dunno if any of what i just wrote makes sense...

Rorix

HSC
the monetary fiscal essay should have included
(not in any order)
-theory of monetary
-how affects inflation/growth (as in sustainability)
-theory of fiscal (this is not so important due to changing role)
-how affects inflation/growth (sustainability here too, due to govts new objectives, inflation good excuse to talk about 2004)
-current stances of both
-explanation of I-S=CAD
- objective of fiscal being to not increase the CAD/Debt burden
- limitations of policy (ran out of time for this:( should have spent less on fiscal theory oh well)

Mannix

HSC
For Q27 I wrote that
MP was effective because I think its quicker to implement than FP and it handles both Cost Push inflation (through inflationary targeting) and Demand Pull (through market operation)..Ineffective because it has a longer lag

FP Effective due to its ability to directly intervene with AD and there is no lag compared to MP. Ineffective because it can really only manage Demand pull inflation.

That was my analysis on the effectiveness of them.

Wasnt too great, but then again, neither will my marks be :)

Bevo

Bevo

I wrote about the theory of both MP FP, how they both effect the EG and inflation, a bit of effectivness on MP and their stances, i fogot about their limitations but beside time lags etc what other limitations could u add, and u think they will take away many marks for no effectivness

Rorix

HSC
Bevo said:
I wrote about the theory of both MP FP, how they both effect the EG and inflation, a bit of effectivness on MP and their stances, i fogot about their limitations but beside time lags etc what other limitations could u add, and u think they will take away many marks for no effectivness

limitations
MP
-lag
-blunt instrument
- 'pushing on a string' may be ineffective e.g. Japan
-political constraints
- may be constrained by exchange rate

Fiscal
- less flexible
- difficult to tighten quickly e.g. hjard to cut social security payments
- political

General
-external shocks
- conflicting goals

Mannix

HSC
far out Rorix, am I competing against you in this HSC? I dont like where this is heading

sub

i did exchange rates and globalisation...hehehe, i was pretty much set for that globn one, just tweaked it to have more on environments and crap, and that other thing they asked for... i forget now...but its over... :)

Rorix

HSC
Mannix said:
far out Rorix, am I competing against you in this HSC? I dont like where this is heading
im just bitter because i ran out of time on writing my essay so couldnt write about all those limitations, just had to write conclusion:(

Bevo

Bevo

Yeh how did u structure the exchange rates one, i am just checking to see if i got everything i needed to put in them

Rorix

HSC
for exchange rates i talked about....um
-what is exchange rate, twi etc. (basic intro)
- quick explanation of demand and supply affecting the price with diagrams
- what causes significnat shifts...-ToT, -inflation rate differntials, -interest rate differentials, -market speculation and explain these things
umm...think i went to effects here
-external - international competiativeness....explain
-internal - imported inflation
-shift of resources to/from tradeables sector
- CAD
RBA intervention - why
-how with diagrams (official intervention, jawboning, interest rates)
- whats happening with AUD recently and why

plus when discussing the points referred to current events when possible

ay_caramba

Crazily Sane.
HSC
Bevo said:
Yeh how did u structure the exchange rates one, i am just checking to see if i got everything i needed to put in them
* intro- defn' of exchange rates..how australia's exchange rate has come into centre stage by floating of the $ in 80's
* little bit of history on aust's exchange rate determination systems- fixed, flexible, now floating
*how the govt can intervene to a limited extent
* how exchange rate changes are caused by changes in supply and demand for $A in forex market- 4 diagrams of appreciation/depreciation caused by changes in supply/demand
*umm... oh yeah what influences supply for and demand of $A - eg capital flows into australia (interest rates and confidence)
* depreciation- eco impacts- trade performance, infn, CAD- wrote heaps on different impacts- positive and negative- provided examples from recent yrs
* appreciation- eco impacts- blah blah
* conclusion- exchange rate volatility due to extensive speculation- current state of the $
*included stimulus material quotes here n there

sheesh i wrote heaps.. dunno if anyone's bothered to read all that.. meh
eco's over!! :D

Acid

HSC
Rorix said:
the monetary fiscal essay should have included
(not in any order)
-theory of monetary
-how affects inflation/growth (as in sustainability)
-theory of fiscal (this is not so important due to changing role)
-how affects inflation/growth (sustainability here too, due to govts new objectives, inflation good excuse to talk about 2004)
-current stances of both
-explanation of I-S=CAD
- objective of fiscal being to not increase the CAD/Debt burden
- limitations of policy (ran out of time for this:( should have spent less on fiscal theory oh well)
I included all that.. hope I did well though.

But some people I know actually talked about the syllabus points under the two issues, i.e. causes of inflation and stuff. But I didn't do that I talked about the policies and how effective they were in influencing those issues (which I thought was what the question was asking). Am I screwed?

Acid

HSC
ay_caramba said:
* intro- defn' of exchange rates..how australia's exchange rate has come into centre stage by floating of the $ in 80's
* little bit of history on aust's exchange rate determination systems- fixed, flexible, now floating
*how the govt can intervene to a limited extent
* how exchange rate changes are caused by changes in supply and demand for $A in forex market- 4 diagrams of appreciation/depreciation caused by changes in supply/demand
*umm... oh yeah what influences supply for and demand of $A - eg capital flows into australia (interest rates and confidence)
* depreciation- eco impacts- trade performance, infn, CAD- wrote heaps on different impacts- positive and negative- provided examples from recent yrs
* appreciation- eco impacts- blah blah
* conclusion- exchange rate volatility due to extensive speculation- current state of the $
*included stimulus material quotes here n there

sheesh i wrote heaps.. dunno if anyone's bothered to read all that.. meh
eco's over!! :D
Included all that in my essay too.. but I didn't do depreciation graphs because they're basically the opposite to appreciation ... waste of time. :)

Went into the exam thinking I would fuck it up.. but from what you guys are saying it seems to be pretty alright..

v-tech

are you all a bunch of dicks?
that was fuckin' easy like having sex drunk.
i chopped it in half writting quality over quantity.
are you just all gay?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)