Module A - Elective 1: Revenge Tradgedy (Essay) (1 Viewer)

winicat

HSC
that picture was sooo stupid. i thought it was gonna be the composing and the quote for the essay but it just totally wasn't. i made up some thing about when you shoot a gun in revenge the bullet fires at both the victim and the avenger, hence the tragedy stuff. what did other people do? i think i only referred to that once in my essay though, and just open and closed with it.

nit

HSC
Yep, it was about the consumption of the revenger - how he becomes corrupted morally i took it as, though you could talk about the death of the revenger as well

winicat

HSC
mine was totally meant to be metaphorical. man, i should have gone in to detail about all that stuff but it was sooooooooo boring!!!!!!

Leasha23

That totally sucked... Come on a visual stimulus? That was shite... at least it was all up2 interpretation of the visual how it would relate to the genre... My english teacher said she thought it was the hardest of the module A questions and i agree... it was too specific for the exam!

sigh

HSC
I dunno, the crime fiction picture looked kinda hard - but i dont do crime fiction!

the gun was cool and i talked about it on both a literal and a metaphorical level.

didn't really let me explore my entire knowledge of all the conventions though - kinda annoying :|

Teleph

Look mum i'm a Starrrr
HSC
sigh said:
I dunno, the crime fiction picture looked kinda hard - but i dont do crime fiction!

the gun was cool and i talked about it on both a literal and a metaphorical level.

didn't really let me explore my entire knowledge of all the conventions though - kinda annoying :|
Literal...how...u say a gun is a weapon and it is used for revenge ? I thought there was only a metaphoric meaning.

That visual stimulus is just a double edged weapon....meaning the revenger in commiting his revenge become tainted following the convention of the fall of the hero.

Butterfly Kissz

i wana go bak to unsw!
HSC
hmm.. i kinda liked it!!
thought it was cool.. though, when i was in there my first reaction was ahhh!!
then i kinda thought about it and figured i wud just talk about
the idea of the paradox of revenge and hence the smoke on either side... quite metaphorical

i hope i did alright with it, but i basically used that as stimulus, cuz mainly, i talked about the concerns and conventions bit of the question.. was differnt, i wud have to agree tho.

never seen a question like that before for that part of the exam..

i hope it did alright, i guess tho, my results can only tell... ;)

aud

HSC
Picture was excellent... but maybe cause I hadn't prepared an essay properly or anything... went into the paradoxical relationship between exacting revenge and self-inflicted pain, and just expanded on that for the whole esay while introducing other ideas - but it worked really well with Medea and The Revenger's Tragedy

But has anyone else looked at the question for Crime Fiction and Speculative Fiction? I would have expected them to be more like our question - based on concerns and conventions, as a question on Genre should be, but they just seem much... more general and basic... or is that just me?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)