Module B - Creative Writing (1 Viewer)

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Question 5

'Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflecct.' (Mark Twain)

Use this line as a basis for a piece of imaginative writing that explores and expresses the ways of thinking of your elective.

In your repsonse, draw on your knowledge and understanding of the elective you have studied in Module B.

Last edited:

gemita

Raube Hohle convert
HSC
I wrote about going on a guided tour of a factory producing values. Jacques Derrida showed me through various experiment rooms where nuclear families (with the average of 2.5 children) watched episodes of the simpsons, world vision ads and infomercials. Derrida talked about the quote we were given and its relation to our values being constructed (hence the danger of being part of the 'majority'). It ended with me discovering a room full of men wearing academic gowns, who declared that "WE are God."

I ran out of time though...

waterfowl

HSC
I wrote about (Individual and Society - 19th century) a Lord who has forgotten his childhood because he is to concerned with keeping his name etc. But one day he runs into a peasant who is his old childhood friend who was rich but became poor though his fathers debts. After much "pausing and reflection" he decides that he will not help the peasant because he does not want to lose his good name - it is better to stay in the majority.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
grk_styl said:
i did too. i got so engrossed in my entries, but i think the marker's are going to vomit.
I only do that, so I have an excuse to do what I always do, make the creative a personal reflection and just jam in alot of paradigms that way :p

HSC
N/A
RFTG - I wrote something lame about a person deciding not to clear a piece of "historical land" so a block of flats could go there.

Lame story. Wanted to write about an african bag, but *sigh* apparently it's not very "suitable".

I hate "creative writing" in EE1. EE2 is LOTS better.

nattylee

HSC
i wrote a continuation of a dolls house. basically what happened to nora after she left torvald and how she needed to reflect about her position in society before moving on. it was actually a good question i thought...what did every1 else think? coz a lotta ppl at my skool thought it was unfair...

Enlightened_One

King of Bullshit
HSC
Mine was futuristic. It was first person (the eyes of some copper), who was contacted by this woman wanted for murder. She told him to questionthe system, and society etc.

Some of yours sound more interesting though, like that idea of a facotry for values.

katy12345

i got so involved in my story too. (crime fiction). i just wrote about some chick who has mega powers in her legs and staunches around the city.....i got so into it that i wrote three booklets!!!!!

aladdin

HSC
The question was good, but too vague: "an imaginative piece of writing"? They needed more specification, e.g. refer to the characters or composers of one/two prescribed texts. Most people from my school found it a bit confusing and too vague.

I wrote an interview with Elizabeth Gaskell and Simon Langton, about the importance of breaking away from conventional paradigms and challenging the majority views.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
i adapted this postmodern fable i did as an assessment and made the animals represent different schools of critical thought and pomo came out on top

i forget what that had to do with the power of individual thought, but i did relate it

waterfowl

HSC
* s a r a h * said:
The question was good, but too vague: "an imaginative piece of writing"? They needed more specification, e.g. refer to the characters or composers of one/two prescribed texts. Most people from my school found it a bit confusing and too vague.
Yeh it was a bit vague...as was the one in Advanced, but I spose it is good because it doesn't matter what type of writing you've prepared you'll be right!

Atotoi

Beetroot Strudel Anyone??
HSC
I was a life coach telling people to resist the global and not listen to "the fab five" lol as they were part of the global.
oh well...
no more of the stupid tripe ive had to put up with for 2 years...but i must admit ive learnt alot..

finally I "is" free :p

waterfowl

HSC
Yeh I'm going to miss the Individual and Society as well...Extension was my favourite subject, I loved debating paradigms and social conventions etc!

mathock

HSC
rftg - i wrote story in 1st perspective, i was one of a group of guys whos parents worked on a mine that had destroyed the local culture of the region... me and 3 other guys were drinking one night and decided to do wat all the young kids in the town did when they were bored; terrorise an old farmer who lived on the outskirts of town and was disconnected from the surrounding community... it was ok i guess, got a bit off track... sorta took the "global dominating/terrorising the local" tack...

i cant wait for the mark *sigh*

Jase

HSC
I think i failed that.. probably got 10/25 for that part. Only wrote 4 pages... couldn't get very creative. I was the mona lisa who went for a walk through Paris and then had to jump back into the painting... and yes.. excuse is postmodernism... and then crapped on about how everyone's going for post-structuralism these days...

Basically i tried to be anti-postmodern in a paradoxically postmodern way in only 4 pages! yay!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)