Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Module B - Elective 2: Postmodernism (Essay)

mick18
    Well, hey there all,
    I don't post here often but I thought i would share my thoughts about the postmodernism exam:

For the creative I got 19 pages, one of my better efforts. I thought the question was tops, I expect to get at least above 90% for that section.

I was even happier with the essay question. Got through 3 booklets, didn't count the pages tho. I had the best idea, I talked about sexuality and the representation of sexuality such as in Orlando. What gave me this idea was the bent and straight guy in the mirror. So I talked about homosexuality, especially in Slaughterhouse 5. Then i was able to link it with pomophobia and stuff. Twas great. I expect to get a good mark.

After this exam UAI target: 95-100

Banned
    HSC
    Mick, I know how you feel. I totally aced that exam, honestly you'd think for the HSC they would devise something a tad harder.

I breezed through the creative, all up 21 pages, then ripped apart the essay, with 19 1/2. Postmodernism was made for people like me. People not afraid to show their intellect when it counts.

At this rate, I am going for at least 96 in the HSC.

And to think people told me this was the hardest time of my teenage life?

HSC FOREVER!

Raube Hohle convert
    HSC
    So YOU guys are the ones who keep giving postmodernism the bad name....and I always thought it was the theorists!
    Class of 2004
    Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Laws @ ANU 2005

"The world may be your oyster, but that doesn't mean you'll get it's pearl" - Scary fortune cookie....never eat at That Noodle Place!!! They give you bad fortunes!

The invincible no one gets-er.

Shucks.

Banned
    HSC
    Quote Originally Posted by gemita
    So YOU guys are the ones who keep giving postmodernism the bad name....and I always thought it was the theorists!
    So YOU are the idiot who could not comprehend the topic.

I pity the school you're at. It must suck to have your grades pulled down.

Do not bring the theorists into this. Roland Barthes is greater than thou.

Is Big In Japan
    HSC
    And Jameson is greater than us all?
    2005 - Teller #2 at The National Australia Bank

Australian Public Servant Level 1 at the ATO

2006: BA (Media & Communications) at The University of Melbourne

Banned
    HSC
    Quote Originally Posted by JoyDivision
    And Jameson is greater than us all?
    Well I wasnt going to say anything....

Raube Hohle convert
    HSC
    Quote Originally Posted by HSC-King
    So YOU are the idiot who could not comprehend the topic.

I pity the school you're at. It must suck to have your grades pulled down.

Do not bring the theorists into this. Roland Barthes is greater than thou.
    If you'd read the above posts you might have noticed that I did get postmodernism, since I said that I thought it was the most beneficial thing I've learnt in the last 2 years...my school does just fine thanks, just because I find you arrogant doesn't mean I'm not coming first in extension.

I was joking....but never mind, I guess we can't expect you to process such subtlety.
    Class of 2004

"The world may be your oyster, but that doesn't mean you'll get it's pearl" - Scary fortune cookie....never eat at That Noodle Place!!! They give you bad fortunes!

Shucks.

mick18
    Hook, line and sinker gemita. Have you heard of that expression?

Perhaps you should pay some respect to the HSC-King?

mick18
    my school does just fine thanks, just because I find you arrogant doesn't mean I'm not coming first in extension.

Interesting sentence structure and syntax for a student apparently ranked first.

Raube Hohle convert
    HSC
    Don't kid yourself, this is an internet site...nobody bothers to manipulate language in the way they would if they were writing normally or even speaking, let alone to the level they would in an extension exam. I'm not going to argue with you over my marks and rank - I'm coming first (in ee1 and ee2), getting very high marks, and since you have absolutely no idea about me your opinion is irrelevant.
    Class of 2004

Shucks.

mick18
    Don't kid yourself, this is an internet site...nobody bothers to manipulate language in the way they would if they were writing normally or even speaking, let alone to the level they would in an extension exam. I'm not going to argue with you over my marks and rank - I'm coming first (in ee1 and ee2), getting very high marks, and since you have absolutely no idea about me your opinion is irrelevant.
    Wow, who's big noting herself eh?
    Perhaps you and HSC-King are a perfect match; two conceited twats with plenty of tickets on yourself.
    Out of interest, what do you intend on doing in the future with the obvious intelligence you have been blessed with?

Banned
    HSC
    Quote Originally Posted by mick18
    Interesting sentence structure and syntax for a student apparently ranked first.

BTW, Mrs. Iamrankedfirstlovemenow, they say ignorance is bliss, you must be one hell of a happy person.

May I take this time to thank you. For, I know who I am up against in the HSC, I can sleep peacefully at night.

Kudos.

Raube Hohle convert
    HSC
    It's not like I go around bragging on forums just to fill in my spare time...when people like you insult me by deconstructing my sentence structure (which, incidentally, is the epitome of conceitedness, so I think you're being slightly hypocritical here) then defending myself isn't big-noting, it's standing up for myself.

Unlike you, who for some reason felt the need to make ridiculously ego-stroking comments on the last page of this thread. All I've said is that I'm doing well - and always in defence of myself - whereas you made unprovoked and arrogant comments about your incredible intellect.
    Class of 2004

Shucks.

Banned
    HSC
    I'd like to tell you that you could not handle the truth.
    But I suspect the intertextuality would cause your brain to weep.

So! May we continue this over, say, dinner?

Oh, and Mike, get off your high-horse. The HSC was made for mortals with thinking habits, not lesser beings with drinking habits.

mick18

Wink

Unlike you, who for some reason felt the need to make ridiculously ego-stroking comments on the last page of this thread.
    Oh, and it's a big ego to stroke baby. You should help me sometime

Raube Hohle convert
    HSC
    Yes, don't tell me that. Pomo indoctrination has made me incapable of processing anything with the word truth in it.
    Class of 2004

Shucks.

Banned
    HSC
    Yes, don't tell me that. Pomo indoctrination has made me incapable of processing anything with the word truth in it.
    Well at least we agree on something.

Banned
    HSC
    Wow, people sure are stroppy in this forum

Is Big In Japan
    HSC
    And postmodernism now makes me cringe when i hear words like 'metafictional self-conciousness' and 'perpetual present'

..........Okay so I did that before the exam too. Didnt anyone else find this topic slightly pretentious before they got onto Jameson? That damn Fowles needs some kinda pegging down or something.
    2005 - Teller #2 at The National Australia Bank

Australian Public Servant Level 1 at the ATO

2006: BA (Media & Communications) at The University of Melbourne

Raube Hohle convert
    HSC
    No, not really...I think actual postmodernism itself isn't what's pretentious, it's just the people like Swain from DWM that make it that way. I think pomo theory in it's purest form is really fascinating and relevant. I liked FLW??? I thought it was really clever and funny, I didn't find the author's intrusions annoying like some people in my class did. I guess it's just a matter of the style of fiction you enjoy, not just whether or not you agree with pomo.
    Class of 2004

Shucks.

HSC
    N/A

Unhappy

hi peoples
    yeah i thought the question was good too. Why is everyone getting so angry over who's the smartest. Does anyone give a damn??? Good for you, hsc king, and good for u too gemita. Hopefully, you will both do great so you can shove ur marks up each others noses again some later time. (????!!!!)
    But getting back to the hsc question, i talked about how the nature of representation is thats its constructed purely by dominant ideologies, and that's what is represented as "truth" in texts. For the creative i wrote a killer subversion of victorian realism, but i'm worried that the markers wont get it cos its pomo and pomo is "weird for the sake of weird".
    I agree with gemita: i so want to do media and cultural studies now after studying postmodernism. Love it.

HSC

Re: Module B - Elective 2: Postmodernism (Essay)

Just out of curiosity

In EE1 how long should you spend on the essay and how long on the creative. How much is required to write for the creative.

I am asking this because I have a tendency to spend WAY too long on the essay e.g 1 hr 20min on essay & 40min on creative.

Is this normal???

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information