The 2004 HSC - English Extension 1 Paper (1 Viewer)

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Post it for rep.

See jezzabelle86's posts: 5, 6 and 8.

Last edited:

winicat

HSC
bleh. revenge tragedy sucks. my essay was sooo totally crap and i left 45 mins early. i don't even think my story had anything to do with revenge or tragedy. and when i left, i picked up my bag and there was a spider on it and the examiner glared at me when i squeaked with surpirse. hey, at least i didn't scream!!!

fantasia

HSC
my essays that i prepared perfectly fitted with the crime fiction question, i just moulded it abit.

phew this year was only a story, which was quite easy.. i just made up some bullcrap.

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
essay was ok for individual and society...apart from the picture. who writes an essay from a picture??? stupid! i adapted my essay well though. but the picture through me.

so did the quote for the creative

psionix

-me is genre!-

that exam was great :p

creative writing allowed us to be very creative. i am thankful

i was tempted to use 1337-speak but i wasn't sure if that would be appreciated... methinks not... j00 f00lz! h4x0r3dZ!!!1111111````````~~~~~~

Jezzabelle

jezzabelle86 said:
and the next 5 :) geez soo many modules/electives/questions
okies this is the last page of questions, please note that the actual exam is like 15 pages not 11, but i havent included the cover or the pages that list the prescribed texts :)

televators

HSC
It was a good exam- the use of pictures, while it took us all aback initially- is going to give a wide range of interpretative responses- which is especially needed for the Crime Fiction elective, which I do!

katy12345

yeah i agree, that exam rocked. well, as much as an hsc exam can. it just worked well. the picture and quote was so much more interesting.

mayhemily

HSC
i was happy. It was nice and straightforward, and there were no nasty suprises... kinda makes up for my dismal work in the other english exams! my confidence hath been returneth! and the pics were something pretty to look at.

iwishiwassmart

yeah the question for crime fiction was easily appliable and the picture stumped me at first i couldnt figure out which one was creative and which one was analytical--but overall i think that was a good question and the picture made itr more interesting. i only refered to it in the opening and conclusion though.

timrie6

HSC
N/A
meh, that exam fucked me over
my essay was all over the place, I'm quite sure it didn't make sense
I hate the HSC i wish it would die

Leasha23

That exam was 100% SHIT for revenge tragedy... what was with the stupid gun? I got the metaphorical meaning of it all, blah blah blah, but have we degraded to some kind of primary school english, writing off a visual stimulus?
Even advanced english barely ever uses stimulus visual imagery! SOO not happy!
AND that creative question was crappy too... I suppose the whole exam could have been worse but I still wasnt impressed at all!

bahodl

Currently wearing pants
HSC
meh the exam was ok - i did creative first and finished my story in 45 mins so i spent the rest of time on my essay - damn crime fiction - my essay was all over the place, structure was horrible ...meh its done now

nit

HSC
yeh, the essay for revenge (and probs other genres as well) was slightly weird - concentrating on consumption of revenger and those around them, as well as addressing concerns and conventions of the genre...structuring the essay was slightly weird. I did the whole law is unattainable thing/revenge as duty, followed up by consumption and decay of revenger - ie the fall of the revenger was my structure...dunno how that will come off. But yeh, the exam was fair I think.

welshi

Clearly unemployed again.
HSC
definitely could have been worse. but i was expecting creative for the elective question, not module. i had one all prepared where steve (from dwm) leaps onto the table, sending swain's decaf soy latte flying all over his hemp shirt, and starts singing:

emmanuel kant was a real pissant
who was very rarely stable
heidegger heidegger was a boozy beggar
who could drink you under the table
wittgenstein was a beery swine...

etc etc. but no luck. what was with the pic? the whole visual stimulus thing was a bit dodge for an essay. and the twain quote seemed really inappropriate for postmodernism. other than that i felt ok about it all...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)