whats aligning and raw marks and stuff like.. (1 Viewer)

peeasoup

How does the aligning go in this subject. Like, does anyone know what the raw marks were aligned to in previous years ?

ZzJasonzZ

given the relative ease of this test i would say an 85 - 88 raw mark would be needed to get a band 6

peeasoup

Oh ok. Its just that in maths, people are like, a raw mark of 80 is aligned to 90, or some shit like that. I thought u could predict the same in this subject.

Purp|e

miesynth
HSC
theres another thread on this, like just in general ... with some real examples from ppl who gained access to their raw mark. search for that if u wanna know more

Scanorama

HSC
So according to the page, if a person got a crap raw exam mark like 40/100, (s)he will scale to like 70/100?

peeasoup

That seems like bullshit. Even if the scaling up isnt gonna be as good this year for software, it still seems pretty wrong. Like, it doesnt seem right that if i get a 60 percent in this test, it will get aligned to a high 70's. But hopefully i am completely wrong, cause i would love to get a mark above 70..

sig

HSC
I'm pretty sure you can't compare and contrast across the years for an accurate analysis

I thought the 2003 SDD exam was significantly than 2004 (particularly evolution!)

It was wierd to only see 1 algorithm...isn't there usually 2? An easy one and then a bitchy one

peeasoup

Dammit. I just read that those aligned marks, arent actually what determine your UAI. That sucks. Now i have no idea to how high my raw marks will get scaled, to determine my UAI.

sig

HSC
I'm pretty sure those aligned marks do affect ur UAI to a degree of 50%

Your assessment marks affecting the other 50%

peeasoup

I dunna think so.
""UAIs are constructed by the Universities Admissions Centre directly from raw examination marks (and school assessment marks moderated against them) before they are aligned to the new HSC performance scale.""
That is not good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)