Raw mark for band 6 (1 Viewer)

clever angel

HSC
hi ppl,

how did u's find the exam. i enjoyed it. multiple choice were very easy and the option too.

ne wayz what do u think would be the raw mark for band 6 this year?

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Its hard to say because theres no raw marks for previous years to compare to so no one knows what wouldve been the cut off for a previous years test

fuckfoot

has no soul
HSC
Tommy_Lamp said:
I think it will be mid 80's, the test wasnt to hard, but wasnt to easy either.
i agree, there were a lot of easy bits but tehre was the occasional question that just made me think "well eff me". but because a lot of it was based on a vague understanding and common sense, i'd say band 6 is looking competitive.

alison_butler86

bands

Hi everyone,

What you mentioned about the raw mark for band 6??... i thought that band 6 was just 90+ and band 5 was 80-90 etc etc... is it otherwise...?

fuckfoot

has no soul
HSC
they align your marks on your record of achievment. i don't really understand the actual process but it depends on how hard the paper is, what kind of marks everyone gets, etc. your actual mark is the 'raw' and you will never really see that... aligned mark is the one you show your parents.

mayhemily

HSC
hmmm well talking raw I estimate I will get higher than my trial mark which was 70. But as to how much... I dont know. I reckon maybee low-mid 80s which i would be happy with. Bio probably wont count for me.

linnyss

85%+ becasue it gets marked up and this years paper wasn't easy thats all i can say and the only subjects where u get band 6 when u get 90 raw is easy ones like business studies and senior science lol

phrred

HSC
ye i rekn abt 88% raw coz sucha small percent of bio ppl in the past get band 6 its like top 10% every yr

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
trust me. everyone thought last years paper was a sinch but it turned out the state did not go aswell as they thought they had. they compare the papers rather than keeping 10% in band 6. they may decide that 15% sould get band 6. i personally thought it was about the same difficulty as last years paper

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
They dont decide how many people get band 6, they predetermine a cut off for band 6 and whoever gets on it or over it gets a band 6. Theoretically everyone can get a band 6 if they all score a raw mark above the cut off

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
yeah thats what i mean. the test should therefore have a similar cut off from where im sitting (at my computer lol) as the tests didnt differ too greatly in difficulty

skyfox

this years was much harder than last years i reckon, and i think a band 6 is when u got 90+, it was like that for school certificate.

myg0t

myg0t
HSC
Dont recall doing bio in year 10 but oh well...

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
skyfox said:
this years was much harder than last years i reckon, and i think a band 6 is when u got 90+, it was like that for school certificate.
Obviously a band 6 is 90+, but we are discussing what mark people think will get them 90+

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
acmilan said:
Obviously a band 6 is 90+, but we are discussing what mark people think will get them 90+
I would argue high 80 raw will get aligned to 90.

valour

HSC
N/A
last year 8% of the state achieved a band 6, the year before it was 2% achieved a band 6.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)