B and T Cells (1 Viewer)

HeyKrazi

wat things did people say wen distinguishing between t and b lymphocytes? was mentioning that one comes from bone marrow and the other from thymus gland important? cos i didnt....

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
HeyKrazi said:
wat things did people say wen distinguishing between t and b lymphocytes? was mentioning that one comes from bone marrow and the other from thymus gland important? cos i didnt....

uh no thats got nothing to do with their function. u just had to say one makes plasma cells which secrete antibodies that attack antigens and t-cells have killer t cells which directly attack antigens

HeyKrazi

hmmmmm
i talked bout b cells = antibody mediated response - antibodies are produced to attack antigens; t cells = cell mediated response - t cells coordinate themselves and other lymphocytes to attack the pathogen

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
i thought it should have had more lines than it did. there was no way you could distinguish between them properly in 3 lines

Jessisbored

HSC
oh i loved this question...

in a huge summary
B-cell produce antibodies
T-cells control other lymphocytes by succreating lymphokines to make b-cells produce antibodies, bind with a specific antigen on the protein coat of a macrohpage. Killer T, suppressor T and helper-T functions

Dokoism

I also said that t-helper cells promote the production of more b+t cells to fight infection (something like that? :S) and also end the immune response with suppressor t-cells

HSC
b cells do not circulate (their lazy) but they are stimulated when antigens make it past the 1st line of defence, this is when b cells strat producing plasma, the plasma produces antibodies which deal with the antigens

T cells circulate (their active) and they deal with antigens more directly particularly with t killer cells.

thats all u had to say

myg0t

myg0t
HSC
Also not a bad idea to mention they work together. I think i stooged this question coz i said that B cells produce antibodies, T cells may do same or kill antigen directly. beh

Carl_est_1986

answer

I put that b cells are prodominantly memory cells an t cells are the doers, the attackers would this be a bit right???

HSC
^ no not for b cells....theres also T-memory cells so both do their part in memory

b cells main role is producing plasma, which produces antibodies

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
I did what jess did, l put the types of t cells in brackets and just said everything else she said!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)