Germany (1 Viewer)

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
What was it about? What was it like? Was it what you expected? Hard or easy?

What did you think of this year's Germany questions, and how did you go?

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
fall of the Weimar Republic, the only thing i knew anything about, YAY *dances*

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Just looked at the Germany questions.... that one about Stalingrad was nasty!!! So specific!! But the first one about the collapse of Weimar was ok.

There appeared to be a lot of "evaluate" and "assess" questions this year.... the ones that require a higher level of thinking and analyzing.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
braindrainedAsh said:
Just looked at the Germany questions.... that one about Stalingrad was nasty!!! So specific!! But the first one about the collapse of Weimar was ok.

There appeared to be a lot of "evaluate" and "assess" questions this year.... the ones that require a higher level of thinking and analyzing.
thats because the Board of Studies doesnt have the ability to do its own higher level of thinking :rolleyes:

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
well i fucked it in the arse?
anyone else in the same boat

bc_27

HSC
The first Germany question was brilliant, i got in heaps of historiography. Coundn't have asked for anything better

Craig

there goes my hero
HSC
I personally did the Stalingrad essay. I used it as an example of poor foreign policy and poor leadership by the part of Hitler. I then explained how the loss at Stalingrad resulted in Germany fighting a war they could not win, as they had 3 fronts to deal with and only had a limited amount of resources. In that section I also talked about the ineffectiveness of Germany’s allies. I was the only person at my school to attempt it though as it was very specific.
I was very surprised though that they didn’t ask a question ranging from 1933 to 1939.

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
townie said:
thats because the Board of Studies doesnt have the ability to do its own higher level of thinking :rolleyes:
lol

hmm i didnt notice the trend ( of evaluations and assessments) but yeh its much harder than discuss or analyze...i guess coz 2003 was relatively easy they decided to make it a bit more challenging this yr

mattchan

HSC
Well, this year's Germany question on the collapse of Weimar was exaclty the same question we got in our trials!!!

so yay!

Yeah, Stalingrad question was specific but you could talked about other factors that led to the collapse of Nazism, not just the actual battle.

jen23

id never even heard of stalingrad before.. our entire grade did the first one and i found it alright. not 100% brilliant cause id been hoping for a racism one, but not too bad.

ZabZu

HSC
i did the stalingrad essay. For those who did it, what did u talk about?
i wrote about
- the totalitarian state -> full army support
- foreign policy 1936+
- start of ww2 (blitzkrieg in Poland and the west)
- Germany fightting in Africa + balkans
- attack against Russia in 1941
- details surrounding Stalingrad
- significance of Stalingrad (turned the tide of the war)
- Germany on the defensive
- Germany defeated - collapse of Nazism

em_516

bludging..
HSC
i did the weimar one..it wasn't so great..but i so didn't know stalingrad that well..so..it was ok i guess..

JoyDivision

Is Big In Japan
HSC
I did the Weimar one, but I thought both questions were fair. I did Weimar because that was a lot of applying concepts and matching them up to casuation and events. I thought it pretty much linked itself all up so I was happy to be able to write a fairly structured essay in an exam.

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
i think i stuffed it by being really general oh well
still got quite a bit in and i did the weimar one

Last edited:

nuffy

i pity all of u who did stalingrad, looked way to hard for me

demise of weimar was pretty easy-did a practice essay for it just the other day, talked about constitution-proportional rep and art. 48, judiciary, depression, military influence, role of sa and reichsbanner, hitler was an opportunist

KarmaKitten

HSC
I did weimar, i discussed the role of the army, the great depression, the left wing, the structural weakneses and teh role of hitler

i loved it!

raidan

HSC
N/A
i did weimar,
i basically just said hitler took advantage of weimar cus it was doing badly due to the depression, then chucked some acts and policies in that hitler did and said that they heralded the destruction of weimar

i didnt really talk about the stressman years or any of that stuff cus i didnt feel it was very important

just my opinion :D

M

mick18

Supra said:
lol

hmm i didnt notice the trend ( of evaluations and assessments) but yeh its much harder than discuss or analyze...i guess coz 2003 was relatively easy they decided to make it a bit more challenging this yr
RICE!!!!!!

KarmaKitten

HSC
raidan said:
i did weimar,
i basically just said hitler took advantage of weimar cus it was doing badly due to the depression, then chucked some acts and policies in that hitler did and said that they heralded the destruction of weimar

i didnt really talk about the stressman years or any of that stuff cus i didnt feel it was very important

just my opinion :D
I discussed the streseman years and said how deceptive the appearance of 'stability' was and hitler exploited this stability when it crashed cause of the great depression

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)