Cold War (1 Viewer)

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
What was it about? What was it like? Was it what you expected? Hard or easy?

What did you think of the Cold War question this year? Good, bad, nasty? How did you go?

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Part a) was excellant, almost exactly the same as the trial question we got (which i failed....but, i probably wont this time...i hope)

and part b) looked good as well, but i forget everything that happened after the 80's

Mike iE

HSC
Part B was similar to our trial, so i did that. I probably didn't write enough, but i think i argued well.

yep yep yep yep no......
I was okay up until the coldwar question then my entire life suddenly became screwed. It was crap i did a but man i totally agree with Townie screw everything that happened in or after the 80's.

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
mmm cold war wasn't too bad actually - i did the first question - which when i first looked at it i kinda went oh crap but then i thought about it and yeah found i had alot of stuff that worked in

similar to my trial question - just alot more depth in it so yeah happy enought with that

Vuki

HSC
Detente was absolutely perfect, could not have hoped for a better question.

Thank god I didn't just study a crisis. My teacher basically said a crisis question (ie, in relation to any crisis eg cuba) is an almost certainty (didn't happen in 2003 though).

Gotta love detente, we had it as an assessment and the reason for its demise is pretty damn easy.

nuffy

detente was alrite. the only part of the course i studied was from detente on so i got lucky

HSC-King

Banned
HSC
I forgot nearly everything.

So I wrote about the development of Tetris during the cold war.
Then spoke on Shigeru Miyamoto's founding of Mario.

It was structured well, so I think it will get at least 70%

Melody

HSC
N/A
Mike iE said:
Part B was similar to our trial, so i did that. I probably didn't write enough, but i think i argued well.
Me too :)
Lol, strange that.... :)

The queston was interesting in that it asked you to look at the failings of detente but I thought it was a good question, made you rethink slightly the way you look at detente and that period.

Well it would have made me rethink if I had known any kind of depth whatsoever about the Cold War......... Lol, at least my assessment mark will pull me up :D
*hopes other people in her class do really well so the assessment marks will be aligned well*

I wrote more than I did for the trial but if anything I think what I said made less sense! Needed more evidence etc.

I'm glad it was detente though, I was counting on it being in there! Which says a lot about the possible quality of my essay answers for another question we could have got!

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
i did the ideology question it was okay but the time frame was a bit shite
still its over

M

mick18

Here is my advice:

"Pull down your pants and slide on the ice"

nikosre

how can some ppl only study certain things in the hope of getting the question.. shit thats risky.. i couldnt imagine doing that... cos i know i wouldnt be creative enough to start talking about the development of tetris during the same period

Nonetheless, i did the first question... i know everyone says it, but i had done an assesmnet on that exact question and i went well in it... so hopefully it went well this time

anyway.. im done... im glad cos i was a bit like a train running out of steam in these last few weeks

notnownotever

PRINCE
HSC
yes

the cold war question on the datente very good... i did 3 crisises and other crapo i memorised from study

sigh

HSC
am i seriously the only person here who had the shits over a lack of a verb?

all year all of my teachers have been harping on about that list of verbs (assess, evaluate etc), and then we get into the HSC and theres a cold war question with no verb. Why do they do this to us?

ok i think im still a little stressed...

I bullshitted my way through the first question since i pretty much only studied cuba and a little of the summits and small tiny bit of detente

Gooba

HSC
mick18 said:
Here is my advice:

"Pull down your pants and slide on the ice"
MASH quote there

The majority of my class the the first question because the second on Detente was a bit iffy. The first question had a bit more room in which to discuss things.

sped_kid01

FindWhatIsYet2BeFound
HSC
pretty average questions...i did a)... because thats what i felt most confident with? not sure how i went? hopefully over 18/30? lol....wow that sounds really bad!!!! they were good q's compared to what they could have asked? well i thought anyway

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
nah i was ok with part a because all it had to do with was the beginnings of the cold war up to the end of the korean war- incorperated crap on ideology/culture/fear of cold war

however for all my work i didnt prepare enough to include enough historical sources

so i dont know how much ill be marked down even though i included good points overall

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
i took a look at the second question and thought to myself. "uh, cos the USSR invaded Afghanistan?!"

since i could only think of a one liner to the question i did the first question, which i thought was pretty ok. I must say, i was surprised that the second question was a "Why did detente...?" because, HSC questions NEVER have anything apart from Analyse, Assess, Dicuss, Explain, Critically Analyse etc. etc. in front of them, esp in history. so yeah. i know that detente collapsed because both weren't really in it for peace, but rather than for themselves, but it seemed too straight forward a question.

and besides i had studied the first cold war more than the second :)

sigh

HSC
I must say, i was surprised that the second question was a "Why did detente...?" because, HSC questions NEVER have anything apart from Analyse, Assess, Dicuss, Explain, Critically Analyse etc. etc. in front of them, esp in history
didn't i jsut write that? like four posts back :|

Tammie

People who did question B

What did you bascially write for this section...
...I wrote how they still had conflicts over middle east and africa and detente didnt deal with these problems..eg angloa and alfghanistan.. then i said how salt 1 didnt limit technology of defensive missiles so they an arms race re-ignited tensions by Reagan's SDI program...it was well argued... i hope it was ok im counting on modern n legal to get me a good uai (there my best subjects))

So what did u guys write????:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)