How shit were those questions...honestly (1 Viewer)

at_the_drive_in

For those doing germany how unforgivably shithouse was the second option on stalingrad? to write an entire essay on one battle is far to specific, unles you know absoutely everything about that battle plus a buttload of obligitory statistics the question is un-bullshitable.

furthurmore, the japan question on the A-bomb, the history coordinator at mine is writing to the BOS to whine about it cos it was far too specific

also the sources for ww1 core study were crappy, for example source A wasnt so much a source at all because it wasnt 'sourced' merely a chart...and the answer form of insert nation/personality/event was quite unconventional compared to what we're used to...also nothig on homefronts there as usual..

good thing i owned the exam otherwise though

Last edited by a moderator:

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
i actually found world war 1 quite hard i wish i had studied peace conference..i didnt even look at stalingrad, we neva really learnt war and defeat coz if u know weimar and the rest ud b set, so yeh that paid off

whitelove

HSC
In the reading time, I was so angry we got peace conference, coz I did jack on that stuff! I had spent my WW1 study time on trenches and the home front stuff and we didn't get any of it. But considering that fact I didn't study for WW1, i managed to fill in the pages pretty well with what I had remembered about the Palace of Versailles. The very first part was so damn easy though :)
And with Germany, I agree that the 2nd question on Stalingrad was a really stupid question to ask. Obviously I attempted the first one on the collapse of Weimar. Thas was pretty straight forward. And the personality was ok, could have been worse. I especially loved the first part on writing up the biography. That was mad :p

jen23

i loved the peace conference stuff! it and the role of women were all i knew. yeah at our school we didnt learn any battles in WWII for germany either so we all did the democracy one. my only semi issue was section 3 cause i ran out of time and had a mental blank. but yeah, i thought it was a decent test over all. better than i expected!

em_516

bludging..
HSC
that stalingrad question sucked because we hadn't really done it in class and i probably could have only written about half a page all up lol..i did the weimar one and that was fine..

the ww1 questions were fine even though i hadn't studied the different goals of the big three and that sorta thing but it was still really easy..

the personality questions were great except my answers are crap because i'd forgotten everything..but if i'd actually studied properly i woulda been cheering..

the indo questions were great..i did the vietcong one and that was a piece of cake

rama_v

HSC
I thought WWI was rally easy. I was prediciting a post-war eessay this year so i Luckily read through all my peace treaty stuff, the soruces themselves were easy, but the last source was a bit of a bother. The second question for Germany was hopeless, I think most ppl did weimar. The exam was real easy though :)

super katie

BEHOLD!
HSC
I thought it was ok.... we did a big assessment thing on the peace process when we did WW1 so i knew most of the stuff from that, germany was ok but yeah the stalingrad question was stupid. The Ireland questions were quite.... bleh it was a bit of a curve ball but on the whole the exam could have been so so so so so much worse

dunkywunky87

I think that the papaer was easy enough. I loved section I cause it was so easy...so wheres the complaint?

Yeah I did the weimar question also, I thought about doing stalingrad for a while then thought...ah stuff it. So i did weimar.

The Speer questions were easy to. Do a biography :p easy, I wrote like 8 pages. but the second speer question threw me cause they qoute and the question seemed really disimilar. oh well.

Indo china i did the vietcong question and that we good to.

so im glad, only one more paper to go and thats SOR tomorrow.

(I hope everyone didnt do what some of my friends did and that was only answer one of the questions on the individual's life thingy...)

skiguy_hsv

HSC
whitelove said:
I had spent my WW1 study time on trenches and the home front stuff and we didn't get any of it.
Last year's WWI section was all on The Western Front like trenches and stuff. That's why this year it wasn't on that!! WWI was easy as, like it always is. 10 free marks and another 20 that aren't exactly a challenge to get...

Does anyone in here to USA 1898-1941?

Vuki

HSC
I do USA. first question was pretty shit since the imperialism is basically dormant or non-interesting/extensive AFTER the Spanis American civil war.

So instead I did conservatism/social conservatism, of which we've had an assessment and almost word for word our trial question. Hells easy, perfect question :).

HSC-King

Banned
HSC
The questions were a bit too easy for me.

I forced myself to start half-an-hour after everyone else, so that the rest of the HSC students had a slight chance in getting one of the top marks up along side me.

M

mick18

HSC-King said:
The questions were a bit too easy for me.

I forced myself to start half-an-hour after everyone else, so that the rest of the HSC students had a slight chance in getting one of the top marks up along side me.
I would wish you luck, but evidently you don't need it.

When people say it to me, I retort "Luck is for the ill-prepared"

KarmaKitten

HSC
I loved the germany questions and the stalingrad question did not ask you to specifically just talk about the talk

you were supposed to say its significance, so basically it was the turning point in the war...ya da yda which lead to other battles
which lead to the defeat
you could have discussed, home front, economy all of that

either way i did the weimar question. i thought the modern exam was great
i had done post war for my ww1 as that was my trial question

god im happy!

enter~space~cap

{Enter-Space-Capsule}
There was only one person in our class who actually did the stalingrad question, and he's also the only one who did the a-bomb question.

I took a 5 second look at both of them..decided to do the other.

And yes the WWI questions were easy, the only time i studied for WWI was 30 min before the exam, and i aced that part.

I thought the a-bomb question whouldve been do-able, but i knew more about Japanese nationalism so i went for that.

LadyBec

KISSmeCHASY
HSC
that second Germany question was EVIL
I'm so glad the other one was nice and simple.
I was good on the peace stuff too, as i studied mainly the aftermath of the war.

laracroft

The_mars_volta said:
furthurmore, the japan question on the A-bomb, the history coordinator at mine is writing to the BOS to whine about it cos it was far too specific
what the hell?? are u crazy, that question was like a gift
too specific???!!!! its a dot point, they can ask what they want, ur teacher can't complain coz it was on the sylabus

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Stop whinging, I dont know about japan but heres a little something:

They give you a choice, you can do one question OR the other.

As far as WWI again it was easy, as far as a table not being a source, it is. It is a PRIMARY source. For WWI all you need is a general idea of WWI, common sense, the ability to read and think.

raidan

HSC
N/A
urgh here we go again, more poeple going on about how easy they think everything is, why is it that strait after an exam u go onto this forum with a bunch of ppl u;ve never seen befor and start having a bat over how easy u thought everything was.... GET OVER IT fuktard, noone wants to here you flogging over your own "predicted" HSC marks

urgh urgh urhg... ohhhh yea, those questions were so easy... URGHH!! yea, im so good a History, urgh urgh urgh.... ohhhh baby I love history so much..URGH!

Last edited:

HSC-Rocker

Banned
HSC
raidan said:
urgh here we go again, more poeple going on about how easy they think everything is, why is it that strait after an exam u go onto this forum with a bunch of ppl u;ve never seen befor and start having a bat over how easy u thought everything was.... GET OVER IT fuktard, noone wants to here you flogging over your own "predicted" HSC marks

urgh urgh urhg... ohhhh yea, those questions were so easy... URGHH!! yea, im so good a History, urgh urgh urgh.... ohhhh baby I love history so much..URGH!
Shut up you cockhead, you are obviously not as intelligent as we are. Go back to reading magazines, as for us, we will continue our study and go forth in the valley of education.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)