HSC Notes-Im giving them away! (1 Viewer)

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
EDIT 22/4/2010

READ THE DESCRIPTION OF THE FILES ON THE DOWNLOAD PAGE AS IT TELLS YOU WHAT IT CAN BE ADAPTED TO IN THE NEW SYLLABUS. THE BOARD DIDNT CHANGE THE CONTENT, JUST THE STRUCTURE SO YOU WILL NEED THE SYLLABUS (AS LINKED IN THIS POST)

new link to my other set of notes-link to new notes
http://rapidshare.com/users/GH5ZG0

Same deal as below re rapidshares download limits etc
The old notes are just as good if not better as they are more detailed;
You just have to read the description on the download page as it tells you what it can be adapted to in the new syllabus

HTH

Edit 24/6/2007
Most of the files have been re-uploaded due to multiple requests

Please take notice of the file descriptions and how they can be used

New file site= http://rapidshare.com/users/4KYGPQ

There is a time limit imposed by rapidshare to ensure that their servers are not abused. I use RS because I have a premium account and no, I will not email them to people so please dont ask

----------

Edit: 11/11/2006

Please note: These notes refer to the 1999 syllabus not the 2005 syllabus. They are still valid but you will need the new syllabus (http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/syllabus_hsc/pdf_doc/studies_religion_syl_05.pdf or http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/syllabus_hsc/pdf_doc/studies_religion_syl_05.doc) to make sense of the notes!!

----------
A series of study notes from the old syllabus

They are from a number of CD-ROM that was produced a number of years ago by a teacher from up North. Unfortunately, he broke so many copyright rules in putting these notes together it wasnt funny and he was ordered to stop selling the CD.

Now, Im a packrat so I bought them as soon as they went on sale but I couldnt collect the whole set cause he went out of business so I have no ethical qualms about giving away the notes here on BoS. Given that its a new HSC next year, the texts are outdated (with regards to structure) as most of the current Year 12 content is split between Yr 11 and 12 in the new course! Add to that the issue of his plagiarism and you have a bargain!! (Each CD was $66 and each unit was on a CD .: there are $462 worth of notes here!!!!

Enough yakking and start downloading
Notes on:
Ethics
Writings
Rites
Religion in Australia >1901
Aboriginal Spirituality
Media and Non Religion

The folder contains notes in chapter form and each topic comes with a study guide (which is pretty good)

NB I dont receive money or anything like this from you downloading from the site. I do receive points that I can transfer into extending the account that the files are stored in (so its a self perpetrating thing if your download them and get others to download them Vs passing them on to others).

Also Note- I paid for this upload account (more that I paid for a premium download account and the upload account came with it) so downloading from it will help me in the fact that the account will stay open past the end of August- so please, get people to download from it instead of giving them what you download.

So spread the word and the address as these notes are pretty good!

See this thread
http://community.boredofstudies.org/38/studies-religion/54790/religion-ecology.html
for a discussion on the notes (Post 9 onwards)
There is also a chapter sample that you can download

Last edited:

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
that Jacobs guy must be living it tough now! farr out.... thats harsh... :rofl: he got screwed!!

thanks snapperhead, oh and welcome back :) i had my SoR I trial today... piece of cake.... hopefully i can continue my 100% track record :D these notes will definately help. thank yoooou!

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Useful notes ^^ Pretty much got me through the course (with bits and pieces for elsewhere).

Hi snapperhead!

oblivious.

HSC
woah thanx heaps, these are awesome.
are they 1 unit or 2 unit notes?
xxx

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
oblivious. said:
woah thanx heaps, these are awesome.
are they 1 unit or 2 unit notes?
xxx
umm...both as it depends on what units you study (+ the common units)

The only 2 unit specific stuff is the religion and media/non-religion stuff!

Maybe you should download a copy of the syllabus as well as your post doesnt show that you know the course very well.........

Mooseman

Forum Feral
HSC
eeer ya snappa has a point there. hehe, also i have one of the BEST summary books i have ever seen for a course. But the catch is that it only it only really suits my classes selections. And because there sare so many things you can study in SOR 2 then it is more than likely that most people will not need them or be able to use them. But if there is someone living in the Hills area who wants the booklet for next years HSC then drop me a line at 0431013391. I'll be happy to drop them to you. I live in parramatta so if your within 25-30mins of there i'll be happy to hike thm over to you/drive.

p.s sry snappa if im not supposed to give away numbers in the forum. CAn you just star* the number if im not supposed to.

Cheers SORer's

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
Actually, I'll take them if no-one else wants them.

My in-laws live in Carlingford and I notice you are in Nth Rocks so maybe you could drop them there.

They probably wont be helpful to anyone next year as the HSC has changed.

PM me and I'll send you the details (i no-one has claimed them yet).

re the number..its yours so I dont have a problem with it!!

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
rissy16 said:
could u plz send the SOR notes to my email address, apparently i cant download those files
my email is sheikrattleandroll@hotmail.com

Im having real trouble with SOR :mad1:

Please and Thankyou
in what way?
You cant download them or you dont know how to download them?

They are rather sizeable BTW so sending them via email may not be a viable proposition plus
NB I dont receive money or anything like this from you downloading from the site. I do receive points that I can transfer into extending the account that the files are stored in (so its a self perpetrating thing if your download them and get others to download them Vs passing them on to others). Note- I kind of paid for this download account (more that I paid for a premium download account and the upload account came with it) so downloading from it will help me in the fact that the account will stay open past the end of August- so please, get people to download from it instead of giving them what you download.
they will last longer if people download them rather than pass them on

If its a "You dont know how" let us know and I can step you through it. There is a forced one hour wait if that is what you are talking about re having issues so there is no getting around that unless you pay for access!

Either way, post here why you are having problems downloading the files

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
snapperhead said:
Actually, I'll take them if no-one else wants them.

My in-laws live in Carlingford and I notice you are in Nth Rocks so maybe you could drop them there.

They probably wont be helpful to anyone next year as the HSC has changed.

PM me and I'll send you the details (i no-one has claimed them yet).

re the number..its yours so I dont have a problem with it!!
Carlingford is the best :p hehehe (yeh, a little bias in that... but meh)

Snapper, considering that this year is the last HSC for the old syllabus, what are your thoughts on this years exam? Do you think they'll try to go out with a "Bang" and confuse the hell out of the students with ridiculous questions? Or will they be fairly conservative and just go out nice and quietly with similar papers to the past couple of years?

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
wm_abusef said:
Carlingford is the best :p hehehe (yeh, a little bias in that... but meh)

Snapper, considering that this year is the last HSC for the old syllabus, what are your thoughts on this years exam? Do you think they'll try to go out with a "Bang" and confuse the hell out of the students with ridiculous questions? Or will they be fairly conservative and just go out nice and quietly with similar papers to the past couple of years?
So does that mean I can have them post HSC?

AS to your question, you can only go on what has happened in the past.
The last change over was in 2000/2001 (the current syllabus)
The 2000 paper was reasonable and most seemed happy with it. The 2001 paper (new syllabus) was a bastard and they only gave out a very small # of band 6's in 2 unit and none in 1 unit (if memory serves me right)

So I dont know. History says they will be nice but then, they want to make next years HSC look even better (and they dont want to repeat the bands disaster of 2001) so it really could swing either way!

I think it will be reasonable-fair but reasonable as the standard was set after 2 years + you can only ask so many questions in so many ways!

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
hmmm... wow, i never knew about that 2001 disaster! :eek:

thanks for clearing that up snapper :)

Versace...

HSC
Hey i cant seem to access the notes it says that rapid share is full right now...is there any other way i can get my hands on them...your help will be greatly appreciated

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
Versace... said:
Hey i cant seem to access the notes it says that rapid share is full right now...is there any other way i can get my hands on them...your help will be greatly appreciated
links still works....

click on the file name, then select free, enter code and download

Lavenderpup

HSC
thanks! damn wish I had those notes before hand. would have saved the time scanning and trying to decipher what the heck i was cutting out. well thanks again. =)

meixia

5 cents short of a 97
HSC
thanks snapper for the notes,

I've been given some of these for Ab.Spirituality at school... wonder where they got it from. They better not have just come here and d/l your notes :mad1:

Hehe anyway thanks again.

Although one prob. I can't seem to edit the notes (delete some diagrams irrelevant to the course etc). Is it protected?

Thank you thank you! :)

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
meixia said:
thanks snapper for the notes,

I've been given some of these for Ab.Spirituality at school... wonder where they got it from. They better not have just come here and d/l your notes :mad1:

Hehe anyway thanks again.

Although one prob. I can't seem to edit the notes (delete some diagrams irrelevant to the course etc). Is it protected?

Thank you thank you! :)
Unfortunately they are protected and I dont have the passwords.

Best bet is to try and open them in a different text editor (Im on a Mac and I use BBEdit) and it opens them perfectly (well good enough to allow you to cut and paste) which is what I have done in the past when I wanted to cut and paste. Text Edit will aloow you to do this as well on the mac
Note pad or a more robust text editor might be an answer if on windows...maybe the Geeks in the IT thread can suggest a relevant piece of software???

Which file exactly and I'll see what I can convert for you (so long as its not like 20 files!!)

funk1234

HSC
Can anyone tell me if these are relevant for the 2009 course. I don't plan on downloading them if they are not relevant, so if someone can tell me it would be a huge help.

Thank you in advance :D

I know this thread is extremely old so please don't prosecute me for that, I was just wondering if they are relevant.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)