SOR 1 as the 11 or 12th Unit (1 Viewer)

Gunner_Fly

HSC
Because our school forces us to do at least 12 units, I chose SOR 1 to make it a total of 12. Im quite confident with the rest of my subject choices, but my question is, would it matter if I completely didn't study for SOR and say got a fail, while focusing on my other subjects, which scale much better?

Or would it be better to study a little? Or go hardcore and try to top it? Or would that probably affect my other subjects?

Caitlin63

:-)
HSC
Personally I would study a little.

SOR I is not that hard. If you put in a little work you can achieve a great deal from very little work compared to some other subjects. SOR 1 was my 11th Unit. I thought it was probably not going to count, but I was ranked first so though that putting in a little effort couldnt hurt.

I didnt study at all throughout the year, but I completed all class tasks, homework and assessments to a very high standard. I made notes for 2 days before my exam. biggest cram of my life. Anyway the point is that SOR1 actually counted towards my UAI. So never say never. Just give it a go. no use doing a subject if you're not gonna try at all.

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
You never know as it is your best 8 units (not including English) so why throw a possible 50 ,marks?

Plus I would argue that to deliberately screw over someone in your cohort) who may end up needing the subject is a pretty low thing (even if it is compulsory, it ends up getting used by lots of people in my experience whether they want it to count or not)

Plus you dont know the scaling and it usually does well compared to other larger subjects if you put the effort in (note Ive seen teh scalings (2007) so I will defend this POV no matter what some other people may think)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
You never know as it is your best 8 units (not including English) so why throw a possible 50 ,marks?

Plus I would argue that to deliberately screw over someone in your cohort) who may end up needing the subject is a pretty low thing (even if it is compulsory, it ends up getting used by lots of people in my experience whether they want it to count or not)

Plus you dont know the scaling and it usually does well compared to other larger subjects if you put the effort in (note Ive seen teh scalings (2007) so I will defend this POV no matter what some other people may think)
Hm, I strongly agree with the above.

You NEVER know. Many people have found in Year 12 that SOR is not a difficult subject to excel in and therefore, they are expecting SOR to count because they are doing relatively well in it.

Besides, SOR has a good scaling as its mean scaling lightly suggests.

On top of that, just try your best for the sake of others. There are others who will count this for their UAI. If you screw up, you screw others. If you want to screw up, just come last so that you don't cause any direct impact on anyone (even though your mark will have some indirect influence on others)

katiexx

HSC
I think its a good idea to study religion! At my school it is compulsory to do religion and i am studying two unit. It is easy to do well in religion and if u put that little bit extra in 2 unit you will do really well. My teacher told us if you get really results in 2 unit religion in the HSC exam and assessments it can rank better than 3 unit extention mathematics. Even if you do 1 unit in the long run it will majorly benefit you! I really recommend doing religion it is worth it as you can have that to fall back on.

Good luck =]

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
^I envy you so much. I wanted to do SOR II so badly.

Damn my school!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HSC
i do SOR I & im relying on it to count because im pretty good at it! & its easy! its such an easy way to get marks!
im guessing that 1unit of bio wont count for me, since i do 11 units.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Looking at your other subjects, unless you were getting say 75% in them i wouldn't study for SOR at all.

Hell, i opted for the non UAI compulsory religion course at my school and it serves as an excellent study period XD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)