Who does SOR thats not from a Catholic School? (1 Viewer)

HSC
I know alot of catholic schools make it compulsory for religion to be studied in the senior high school, whether its SOR or a form of religion that isnt counted towards the UAI.
But who studies SOR thats not from a catholic school? and what was your reason for choosing it?
Just curious :)

shuning

HSC
回复: Who does SOR thats not from a Catholic School?

me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! back in yr 11 i was forced to do it, but i was in a public school LOL

i told the dupty 100 times im a communist and im against those kinda stuff.... she still doesnt give a shit T.T

HSC
Re: 回复: Who does SOR thats not from a Catholic School?

really? you're forced to do it at a public school?

shuning

HSC
回复: Re: 回复: Who does SOR thats not from a Catholic School?

i was a special case. cuz i went from ESL to adanced english. so i can not do english foundermental anymore. and i need a 1 unit subject to replace it ( 3u math ) my teacher refuse to let me into 3u english ( the dupty was also my adv english teacher ) so SORI was the only choice and i was forced to do it

HSC
Re: 回复: Re: 回复: Who does SOR thats not from a Catholic School?

ahhh man that sucks!!

shuning

HSC
回复: Re: 回复: Re: 回复: Who does SOR thats not from a Catholic School?

i know.... i joined in 2 days b4 half yearly...... in the exam the 1st essay was outline to aspects of religion.... i wrote religions are tools used by politicans to brainwash ppl... they r all the same shit diff smell... and ended with big writing COMMUNISM FTW

got -3 for that lOL

hahahahaha

omgd.

HSC
N/A
i do it, i actually chose it because i thought it would be interesting. And its still my favourite subject LOL . Im really not sure why ._.

HSC
Re: 回复: Re: 回复: Re: 回复: Who does SOR thats not from a Catholic School?

i know.... I joined in 2 days b4 half yearly...... In the exam the 1st essay was outline to aspects of religion.... I wrote religions are tools used by politicans to brainwash ppl... They r all the same shit diff smell... And ended with big writing communism ftw

got -3 for that lol

hahahahaha
lol!!

Brontecat

HSC
Re: 回复: Re: 回复: Re: 回复: Who does SOR thats not from a Catholic School?

go to a christian school where sor1 is compulsory but elected to do sor2 cause i sort've enjoy looking at others perspectives and its like history which i enjoy as well

amyrowe

HSC
Yeah I chose it and love most of that stuff we learn. I've always been a humanities girl though, society just fascinates me.

oly1991

HSC
its compulsory in my school but if you don't want to do it you can choose catholic studies (not UAI subject) which is a total joke lol.

gcchick

Come at me bro
HSC
Uni Grad
Communism =/= religion, FFS.

Anyway, I did SOR1 in Year 11 because I needed a fill-in unit from doing 3U Math. And I went to an Anglican school where it wasn't complusory.

clo-ree

HSC
I do it.. By DE cause my school is shit and didnt run it for our year and the year 11's this year actually get a class... :jedi:

chumasicaloo

HSC
the 1 unit course is complusory at my (catholic) school, but i also chose to do the 2 unit course, mainly because i needed to fill units, it apparently scales well, and is a very easy course to pass.
i have found it is pretty easy, it is mainly essays...as long as you know the content. i wouldnt have picked it if it wasnt compolsory though.

HSC
go to a christian school where sor1 is compulsory but elected to do sor2 cause i sort've enjoy looking at others perspectives and its like history which i enjoy as well
yeah our school doesnt even offer sor2. i dont think i would have done it anyway though. they used to offer it but apparently hardly anyone picked it so they just left it at sor1

its compulsory in my school but if you don't want to do it you can choose catholic studies (not UAI subject) which is a total joke lol.
yeah same. at our school you so sor1 or religion studies (non UAI)

I do it.. By DE cause my school is shit and didnt run it for our year and the year 11's this year actually get a class... :jedi:
ooh really? so just out of curiousity why are you choosing to do it? because at my school half the grade if not more complains about having to do it.

clo-ree

HSC
ooh really? so just out of curiousity why are you choosing to do it? because at my school half the grade if not more complains about having to do it.
I like humenities, like learning about what others believe

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
A friend of mine does SOR1 and hes not from a catholic school, I went WTF at him, considering its definitely the most boring subject the hsc has to offer, but all he said was that he chose it because he wanted to 'explore different cultures and religions'... whatever floats his boat :)

nerdsforever

hsc zomg
HSC
ME!!!! I'm doing it for the extra unit. School says that we must have 12 units and nothing more than that... so I had to pick religion. AND I HATE IT!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)