Christianity Environmental ethics essay (1 Viewer)

funkinawesome

HSC
hey guys. i do 1 unit sor and we have to do an essay on environmental ethics in christianity.
any ideas on what to write about would be appreciated

Cheers

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
i think a good topic would be something along the lines of 'to what extent does Christianity teach pro-environmental values'. or even the counter argument. there are plenty of bible passages regarding the environment specifically, but also about the environment's place relative to other things.

you can google it as well, there is much debate about it so you're bound to find lots of good stuff on it.

some bible passage references that you could use for most topics includeeee

1. "Hear, O my people, and I will speak, O Israel, and I will testify against you: I am God, your God. I do not rebuke you for your sacrifices or your burnt offerings, which are ever before me. I have no need of a bull from your stall or of goats from your pens, for every animal of the forest is mine, and the cattle on a thousand hills. I know every bird in the mountains, and the creatures of the field are mine. If I were hungry I would not tell you, for the world is mine, and all that is in it." (Psalm 50:7-12)
  2. He makes springs pour water into the ravines; it flows between the mountains. They give water to all the beasts of the field; the wild donkeys quench their thirst. The birds of the air nest by the waters; they sing among the branches. He waters the mountains from his upper chambers; the earth is satisfied by the fruit of his work. He makes grass grow for the cattle, and plants for man to cultivate-- bringing forth food from the earth: (wine that gladdens the heart of man, oil to make his face shine, and bread that sustains his heart. The trees of the LORD are well watered, the cedars of Lebanon that he planted. There the birds make their nests; the stork has its home in the pine trees. The high mountains belong to the wild goats; the crags are a refuge for the coneys. The moon marks off the seasons, and the sun knows when to go down. You bring darkness, it becomes night, and all the beasts of the forest prowl. The lions roar for their prey and seek their food from God. The sun rises, and they steal away; they return and lie down in their dens. Then man goes out to his work, to his labor until evening. How many are your works, O LORD! In wisdom you made them all; the earth is full of your creatures. There is the sea, vast and spacious, teeming with creatures beyond number-- living things both large and small. There the ships go to and fro, and the leviathan, which you formed to frolic there. These all look to you to give them their food at the proper time. When you give it to them, they gather it up; when you open your hand, they are satisfied with good things. (Psalm 104:10-28)
  3. And God blessed them, and God said to them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moves upon the earth. (Genesis 1:28)
  4. When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place, what is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man that you care for him? You made him a little lower than the heavenly beings and crowned him with glory and honor. You made him ruler over the works of your hands; you put everything under his feet: all flocks and herds, and the beasts of the field, the birds of the air, and the fish of the sea, all that swim the paths of the seas. LORD, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth! (Psalm 8:3-9)
  5. How long will the land lie parched and the grass in every field be withered? Because those who live in it are wicked, the animals and birds have perished. Moreover, the people are saying, "He will not see what happens to us." (Jeremiah 12:4)
  6. The LORD God took the man and put him in the Garden of Eden to work it and take care of it. (Genesis 2:15)

also another good thing to mention would be about christian environmental groups. it would show you've used a broad range of sources =]

**CICI**

HSC
Hi all!

Im also doing the same essay and Im not really sure on structure

does anyone have a sample essay/response or just notes on structure??

thanks

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
hey guys. i do 1 unit sor and we have to do an essay on environmental ethics in christianity.
any ideas on what to write about would be appreciated

Cheers
Do you have an actual question that needs addressing?
Or do you have to make one up?

Seems a bit pointless asking for help in such a broad syllabus area without actually stating what it is you need help with!

Smae question to above poster

hecheeseman

HSC
yea i have a similar essay to do.
my question is:
'Demonstrate how the teachings of Christianity are applied to Environmental Ethics'
any help??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)