Dalai Lama and Wesak (1 Viewer)

spoonbender

HSC
The contribution of the Dalai Lama XIV to Buddhism. Anyone? I'm really struggling with coming up with stuff to talk about. Would it be irrelevant to talk about him wanting world peace and helping Tibet and all that? Would his interfaith work be irrelevant? Any other points I should talk about?

Also, Wesak. There's one question that says to outline it, then there's another question that says to explain the significance for the individual. In which question, if at all, should I talk about Siddartha Gautama and his enlightenment etc.?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

mathslover

HSC
The contribution of the Dalai Lama XIV to Buddhism. Anyone? I'm really struggling with coming up with stuff to talk about. Would it be irrelevant to talk about him wanting world peace and helping Tibet and all that? Would his interfaith work be irrelevant? Any other points I should talk about?

Also, Wesak. There's one question that says to outline it, then there's another question that says to explain the significance for the individual. In which question, if at all, should I talk about Siddartha Gautama and his enlightenment etc.?

Thanks in advance.
The Dalai Lama is a tricky person to talk about because his impact was more political than religious. if ur having too much trouble with it then i suggest u ask ur teacher whether it is ok if u do someone different. my teacher last year also picked the Dalai Lama but it was too vague for me so i asked if I could study Sister Dhammadinna instead. She's way way easier to do :) and also my textbooks had lots of info on her, as opposed to DL.

I studied Wesak as well, and no Siddhartha Gautama really should have no influence on ur essays, it is of no relevance dont worry about that. Just focus on their celebration of the enlightenment/rebirth, etc of BUDDHA, not Gautama himself.

Haha let me know if that doesnt make sense hope it helped good luck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)