Paul of Tarsus (1 Viewer)

dingodog

HSC
Hey could someone help me by listing down Paul's key contributions and their significance to Christianity that I would need to explore within an essay for him?

Thank you so much in advance

Sparksy21

HSC
Hi, I'll get the ball rolling with a few basic ones.
- Apostle to the Gentiles. Basically means he was able to speak about Christianity effectively to non-Jews. Places in Eastern Europe, Greece and eventually Rome would convert based off of his understandings. Larger population and with Rome's uptake of Christianity the religion was exposed to the entire empire.
- Input to the New Testament. 13 of the 27 books in the New Testament were written by Paul, huge input in to the development of Christianity. This incorporates now broadly accepted messages of the Christian faith.
- Distinguished Christianity from Judaism. After being a Pharisee, he worked hard to differentiate Judaism from Christianity to avoid its continued persecution.
- Consolidated the Church. Using the teachings of Jesus, explained them in depth from a Pharisee's perspective and then applied them to new situations in the church.

Hopefully that helps, good luck!

dingodog

HSC
Hi, I'll get the ball rolling with a few basic ones.
- Apostle to the Gentiles. Basically means he was able to speak about Christianity effectively to non-Jews. Places in Eastern Europe, Greece and eventually Rome would convert based off of his understandings. Larger population and with Rome's uptake of Christianity the religion was exposed to the entire empire.
- Input to the New Testament. 13 of the 27 books in the New Testament were written by Paul, huge input in to the development of Christianity. This incorporates now broadly accepted messages of the Christian faith.
- Distinguished Christianity from Judaism. After being a Pharisee, he worked hard to differentiate Judaism from Christianity to avoid its continued persecution.
- Consolidated the Church. Using the teachings of Jesus, explained them in depth from a Pharisee's perspective and then applied them to new situations in the church.

Hopefully that helps, good luck!
Helps heaps! Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)