CSSA SOR Trial paper thoughts (1 Viewer)

ameelia

HSC
Hi everyone,
just wondering if anyone out there has sat the CSSA SOR Trial Paper yet.
For those of us who have, what did you think of it?
I was slightly stumped by the Religion and Peace Essay :mad2: I mean i answered it but I don't think it was linked to what the question was asking.
So, for future reference in HSC, how did you go about answering it. I felt like my teacher hadn't been very good in this regard and teaching us the content we need to know. :eek2:

Also, what did everyone think of the rest of the paper? I thought multiple choice were alright and the 5 markers pretty reasonable. Went alright in the short answers

Keen to hear everyone's thoughts :tongue:

ameelia

HSC
yes, most schools are tomorrow!
However, we did our trials earlier, in weeks 2 and weeks 3!

mrstripedshades

HSC
How would you recommend to prepare for it? I am just focusing on my notes atm. Are the encylicals part of the dot points or not required btw?

ameelia

HSC
I focused heavily on my notes. But make sure that with the depth studies you look at the interactions between all the elements of them. And especially the impact of them today as living religious traditions in todays world

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Nek minit this thread was posted to try and find out what is going to be in the exam.

BPunjabi

Banned
HSC
Yeah I did it last week as my school is private and everything (Trials) was pushed back one week ago. I have the IPT trial exam tomorrow, for most schools its next week. So the CSSA paper (2 unit) was alright, apparently the one unit got the same as us, the multiple choice and the religion and peace, though it differed for other things.

The multiple choice was good, you have to know when the Europeans landed and why they wanted to assimilate the abo's. The other short answer question was centralised the uniting church census data (Why the methodist, protestant and other one, formed it), you have to know where it is prominent and why it is mostly there. I suggest talking about how it migrated from India.

Environmental ethics we chose was for Christians and Buddhism. Christian was about the same really, except for question 2 which said something like, assess an individuals or organisations involvement in mission for ethics. Buddhism was exactly the same though it said assess an individuals or organisations involvement in mission for ethics except for Buddha (Sidartha Guatama)

Religion and peace question centred around world peace. It was something along the lines of "Critically analyse effects of two religions in their mission to restoring and administrating world peace". It then says to make reference to a quote which it gives..

Sorry if I rushed.... Studying for IPT, Have anymore questions, ask me

Last edited:

BPunjabi

Banned
HSC
That's such a random essay question tbh... Too bad, I have a prepared essay on Bioethics.
There are 3 options? You can pick bioethics, enviro or sexual? for the two short answer ones?

BPunjabi

Banned
HSC
Wait it was the same question but you had the option of which ethic to apply it too, sorry for the mixup guys

Arthur100

HSC
N/A
Wait, so you have already sat the CSSA trial for 2 unit religion?

excellence1

HSC
what was the short answer question for religon and non religon, thank you so much for your posts!

excellence1

HSC
plus for the extended response for religious traditions is it based on ethics, people or practices

BPunjabi

Banned
HSC
Holy shit guys one question at a time.

1. Yes I sat the test already
2. World Peace ( I thought I already mentioned that?)
3. It was something like: describe the characteristics in which beliefs would affect a religious and non religious individual. Reference the quote below in your answer..
4. Ethics like I said before...

Arthur100

HSC
N/A
what was the short answer for religion and non religion?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)