SOR ISLAM HSC - Quotation essay help (1 Viewer)

andrewgrieco

HSC
I need help with this quotation below and please provide examples of Islam. This is for my assessment task in a couple of weeks time so I need some points with this quotation.

“Religion has a fundamental role in bestowing meaning and significance on human existence. It marks off what is special and true, provides order and structure and sets forth the projects and goals for humanity.”

From “Why Study Religion?” http://studyreligion.org/what/index.html

PLEASE PROVIDE ISLAM EXAMPLES AS WELL TO GO WITH THE QUOTATION FOR FURTHER ANALYSIS.

Kezzam

HSC
what religion class is this? 1 unit or 2?
break the quote down slowly. so religion gives life significance and they are put here on earth to look after the environment. their environmental ethics outline their duties. also their sacred text will outline the fundamentals of life and give the basis of what is right and wrong in religion.

religion to the individual gives meaning to life and helps the individual to structure their life and fullfill gods message which they take from their sacred text.
for your examples research Islamic scholars who discuss this statement. the textbook if you can get it online or hard copy "Cambridge studies of religion' has a pale colour is where I get all my religion guidance.

goodluck

Kelsey

Kezzam

HSC
i do two unit so what I learn will differ from your learning slightly. but try and use some of the examples I gave you and the internet is your best friend atm or your teacher (!).
I left my textbook at school but otherwise I would of found some specific examples using the Quran for you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)