Thread: SORII Essays

HSC

Red face SORII Essays

Heyyy.

Is it essential to have three body paragraphs in an essay? I know it's recommended but there is no way I can currently achieve a five paragraph essay in 30-40 mins of writing time, especially with my brain going in full haywire trying to remember textual quotations. I'm thinking of a topic like 'Religion and Peace'.

Thanks in advance! (probably seems like I'm trying to get away with writing two body paragraphs... which I am, I guess)

Cadet
    HSC
    Uni Grad

Re: SORII Essays

Quote Originally Posted by Itz_Gabi View Post
    Heyyy.

Is it essential to have three body paragraphs in an essay? I know it's recommended but there is no way I can currently achieve a five paragraph essay in 30-40 mins of writing time, especially with my brain going in full haywire trying to remember textual quotations. I'm thinking of a topic like 'Religion and Peace'.

Thanks in advance! (probably seems like I'm trying to get away with writing two body paragraphs... which I am, I guess)

You should have more than 30-40min in the HSC if you manage you time correctly. Paragraphs are a bit ambiguous, I'd say aim for a 900 word essay at least. I tended to write about 1200 words.
    Last edited by phat_tar; 27 Mar 2018 at 5:49 PM.
    HSC 2017 - 99.85 Business Studies (97) Modern History (96) SORII (96) English Advanced (95) Economics (94) Mathematics Extension I (47) Mathematics (94)

Thread Information