Thread: Unusally Hard?

Unusally Hard?

Did no-one else think that was a pretty hard exam? compared to the past years?
    I know almost everyone at my school did. The multiple choice was fine and the essay was fine, for women anyway. But the short answers, i mean...whoa...seriously. they were very left field. what did they mean by elements of dreaming? and changes to Aust religion due to social factors? and ecumencial development? what did everyone do?

HSC
    N/A
    Yeah short answer questions were bloody, hard and really badly worded I thought, I had to reread the one on how has Aboriginal Spirituality contributed to the nature of the relgious expereince two or three times.

Cadet
    everything i learnt and was told to study...

wasnt even in there...

i am a little cut...

but i still finished fairly quickly, and i think i got the answers right...

Cadet
    HSC
    i think i will pass. i thought the short answer questions were very ambiguous and i had no idea what to write, but hopefully, some of the stuff i mentioned gets me somewhere. i need religion to count so im praying for a good mark. i thought the essay question was pretty easy and the multiple choice were fair, but i didnt like any of the questions in the middle, except the ecumenism one and the dreaming elements one.
    =~every time i go to the doctors, i get a jacket, a straight one. it makes me feel special because i get to hug myself~=

HSC
    yeh short answers sucked
    the rest was fine

Bachelor of Education (Primary) @ ACU National
    Certificate in Languages (Croatian) @ Macquarie University (Completed in 2006)

HSC
    mmm well i'm glad to have it over - the multiple choice and essays questions were okay

aaarrrhhh - the short answers - i didn't like them at all - except for land rights that was okay

religion and the media section - 1st question was okay - second one kinda came out of no where

regardless i am sure i passed but deffiently wasn't my best exam
    protège-moi

Cadet
    i agree.. at my school everyone hated the short answer and our teacher (who sets the performance bands for the hsc marking) agreed that they were hard and said that the marking critea would have to be really broad to be able to incorperate everyones answers. the essays were a bit wierd.. not hard but differnt to how i imagined. did anyone else do ethics? that essay was harsh.. i didnt even get to talk about my second religion!!!

Cadet
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoRTsGaL
    the one unit bit was harder than the two unit bit

all in all.. it was crap.

um.. hahaha... how can the 1 unit bit be harder?!?!? the 2 unit people do the whole 1 unit paper PLUS MORE so what ever 1 unit did, 2 unit also did.. the 2 unit relgion and non religion was really hard though so i dunno what you're on about!

HSC
    the short answer was definitly harder tahn previous years, and i think the part a.b.c final question in 2001-2003 is much easier than a straight out essay (esp when it only asks for 2/3 rites, that screwd heaps of ppl up, not me luckily)...meh overall a pretty hard test i was a bit shocked in reading time

that was sooo hard!!

i was going through the trials lasr night.. and it was like 10000000 times easier then the acctual HSC exam... even the past papers were much more easier.. i even did the online multipul choise on the boardofstudies website and score 100% everytime... i think i did sooo shit in this stupid exam.... the majority of my year walked out 1/2 n hour into the exam... and to top it off... it was sooo hot and i was so hungry... i started writing the mcdonalds jingle all over my question paper... AND the last question for 1 unit.. about the rites of personal devotion or rites of public worship?? WAT R THE ODDS OF ME ONLY MEMORISING RITES OF PASSAGE!

AHWELL... thats 1 unit down the drain...

HSC
    i hated the short answer questions. they were worded funny, very difficult to understand what they meant. and i only really remember the rites of passage, i thought they wouldn't specify

Exalted Member
    HSC
    GAY. that's all i have to say and....i think we should go back to the old extended responses
    B Business (HRM/IR) / B Laws, GDLP

it was a really crap test! so much harder then all the practise ones i did
    yeah i only really did a rite of passage as well, but does any one who does two unit know if it was alrite to do the same thingd for religious rites as u did for ways of holines?? cause i did, but i dont think ur allowed to

what the?

that religion exam was nasty.
    was happy about the extended responce 4 teachers and interpreters, cause i knew one better than the other and it did give us a choice. the multiple choise was similar to my trials, same difficulty anyways.
    short answers was evil. in my opinion i neeeded them to be a little more specific, to gaina better understanding if what they were asking. a few questions could have been interpreted differently.

HSC
    yeah i agree with wat most ppl have sed as well

the short answers were ok on the most part i thort apart from a few like social change..... like u read the syllabus and its not even there..... no1 new wat that stuff was and seriously i dont blame them at all...... BOS should have been transparent id say

then media part 2......... WHO HAS LEARNT ABOUT CLAIRVOYANTS...... absolutely shocking..........

but neway i rekon i did ok

FindWhatIsYet2BeFound sped_kid01's Avatar
    HSC
    ummm? YESSS, my hardest so far!
    NO VSU

"Peace, in the sense of the absence of war, is of little value to someone who is dying of hunger or cold. It will not remove the pain of torture inflicted on a prisoner of conscience. It does not comfort those who have lost their loved ones in floods caused by senseless deforestation in a neighboring country. Peace can only last where human rights are respected, where the people are fed, and where individuals and nations are free." - Dalai Lama

HSC
    essay and multiple choice fine, im not sure if i think the short answers were hard i just think they were different to what usually is there
    Originally posted by santaslayer
    I'll stop here.....or I'll be too annoying
    Too late

SamStewart

Talking exaggurater!

Quote Originally Posted by sandra_taouk
    that was sooo hard!!

i was going through the trials lasr night.. and it was like 10000000 times easier then the acctual HSC exam... even the past papers were much more easier.. i even did the online multipul choise on the boardofstudies website and score 100% everytime... i think i did sooo shit in this stupid exam.... the majority of my year walked out 1/2 n hour into the exam... and to top it off... it was sooo hot and i was so hungry... i started writing the mcdonalds jingle all over my question paper... AND the last question for 1 unit.. about the rites of personal devotion or rites of public worship?? WAT R THE ODDS OF ME ONLY MEMORISING RITES OF PASSAGE!

AHWELL... thats 1 unit down the drain...
    exadgurater!
    100% score everytime? i dont think so!
    walk out after half an hour? i dont thnk so (minimum 1 hour until ur allowed out of any exam)
    you were hot and hungry? i dont think so! it was cold and i was full
    down the drain? i dont think so! more like ... uh.. failed thats it....
    you

I'll stab ya
    HSC
    N/A
    I thought that people are not allowed to leave within the first hour and also within the last half hour. Because it is 1.5 hour exam that would mean no one can leave...they didnt let anyone in my school leave until whole time was up, but that may have been an attempt to make everyone take it seriously

JeSs - mentallyblonde
    HSC
    like heaps of others i remembered an answer 4 the rite of passage. so i was stuffed in that Q
    also i think the last media Q 4 2 unit was a bit ambiguos and stupid

i passed .
    this probably sounds like im whingeing but our teacher didnt teach us anything about models and guides 4 ways of holiness, i did some of my own notes from the few sheets we were given, but that still wasnt very much. its a bit unfair that we arent able to do the best of our ability because our teacher was unorganized.

apart from that little problem, it was ok

Thread Information