Spartan Society (1 Viewer)

gemita

Raube Hohle convert
HSC
To everyone who did Spartan society to the Battle of Leuctra, how did you find it? I was pretty happy with it, nowehere near as hard as some of the trials I've seen floating around, like the Independant and the CSSA. I wrote a fair bit (much of which was waffling, but hey, hopefully the marks will be in there somewhere! Better overkill than underkill.) but I was a bit stuck on the land ownership bit, since I forgot to study it.....

What did everyone write for this section?

R

randhi

lol!! yeh i know what you mea, i liked everything but the military elite which i'm sure i'm only going to get 0 or 1, and ownership one, i mean there is so little you explain about it, or maybe thats just me, but i'd definitely agree without, the ownership question, i got stuck as well, i basically rambled everything i knew about it

HSC
N/A
yay for generic stuff. Had no idea about military elite and "privliges" of kings though.

Meh who cares it's over!!! YAY!!!

chriscity1

I know exactly what I should have written!!!! - Last part talk about the agoge + Spartan education of Women - Marriage, festivals etc.

ownership talk about women controlling property 2/5

Talk about men being given an allotment of Kleros - I should have talked about how the Spartans took over the land from the messenians aagghhh!!!!

Last edited:

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
i liked all the questions i was prepared for them
except the religous festivials
they completly left my mind i was so annoyed

brunette

HSC
chriscity1 said:
I know exactly what I should have written!!!! - Last part talk about the agoge + Spartan education of Women - Marriage, festivals etc.

ownership talk about women controlling property 2/5

Talk about men being given an allotment of Kleros - I should have talked about how the Spartans took over the land from the messenians aagghhh!!!!

the land ownership question was about the kleros coz its connected to inheritence of the land and women dowries etc...we never about the messenians??? and thats conquering anywayz not actually ownership...i think ur over analysing

i loved the questions by the way...so much easier than all the other questions floating around that i have seen although the 'military elite' did get me confused

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
i did the second question (social structure). it was really weird coz i had done the exact same question in my trails. freaky

super katie

BEHOLD!
HSC
I want to do history at uni but i'm not sure if i'll do ancient, theres so much more to choose from at uni though. Sparta section was alright, I liked the trial questions better though and I think I waffled ALOT in the ownership of land section but... meh its done :D

ay_caramba

Crazily Sane.
HSC
spartan society section was great..very happy with that section

Bobcat

HSC
I liked this question, but about teh education.

I wrote about how the kings get fency burial thingies, cause thats all i could remember, and i elite soldier ppl, were soldiers in the front line or something.

I rekon it went ok!

ay_caramba

Crazily Sane.
HSC
btw what did u guys say the military elite were?
i just said it was the class of professional soldier-citizens, Spartiates and that spartan society was geared at producing this class.

erm.. it was only 2 marks..

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
I loved the Sparta section - all the question were perfect!!!! yeah much better then the one we had in the trials

senso

Left BOS 11/04
HSC
N/A
i dunno how i went. My answers were too general i think

bahodl

Currently wearing pants
HSC
yeah in general sparta wasnt too bad - i cant believe i bloody put that spartans were in the army from 30-60 instead of 20-60 but hey what can u do

Comrade nathan

HSC
With the military elite question, do you think they meant the Spartiates or the Hopilites. Because the Spartiates are the social,political elite. The elite unit of the Spartan military are the Hopilites.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)