Only 17 when Schoolies is on... (1 Viewer)

AlishaEade

HSC
Okay so heres the thing. While all my buddies are finishing school already 18 and celebrating by hitting the pub i will only be 17 when i finish Year 12 and will not be 18 until the next year. Alot of people are still encouraging me to go to schoolies saying that i wouldnt be the first underage there and i wont be the last and that it should be easy to get in anyways. But if i do get caught out how is it going to be any fun sitting in a motel room by myself while all my mates are getting smashed among other things.
Anyone wanna offer any kind of advice?
I mean i want to go cause it would be madd fun but it might not go to plan :/
Help???

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
If you think your friends would dog you like that, why consider going?

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
If you think your friends would dog you like that, why consider going?
fuck off lol it was her choice to go if she was underage, why should their night be ruined because of something none of them can control

you can easily bring the alcohol to the motel room, you know

the same applies for dudes (or women, whatever floats yer boat)

Last edited:

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
I would recommend renting some place on/near a beach in a less retarded area (assuming you're going to the Gold Coast) and just bringing heaps of booze home with you

cheaper, arguably better because you don't have to worry about getting raped by strange men or security kicking you out for being intoxicated. Unless your friends are aching for the cock and need some action, you could probably find some locals willing to do it, at either places really.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
fuck off lol it was her choice to go if she was underage, why should their night be ruined because of something none of them can control

you can easily bring the alcohol to the motel room, you know

the same applies for dudes (or women, whatever floats yer boat)
There are many things people can do at Schoolies and it doesn't need to involve going on licensed premises if the entourage has some underage members. I can't think why her friends can't accommodate for this reason, as there are so many alternatives available if seeking a similar experience.

The vibe I was getting from OP was that she had no say in the matter, thus her friends dogging her.

AlishaEade

HSC
Well its still my choice but i would like to go as quite frankly i love to party among other things. And the yeah but my mates would rather party at the scene then the motel room. And both float my boat by the way but thats besides the point. And well i dunno. Thankyou guys but this hasnt really given me any sort of conclusion to my issue? :/

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Invite other underage friends so you don't have to go at it alone.

AlishaEade

HSC
You clearly havent been to Balranald. Population 1400 = depressing schoolies if staying here. And that is a good idea. Maybe i wont go, i'll just do another fun activity instead. Go skydiving or roadtripping or something. Thankyou

Cobain

HSC
I'll be seventeen for schoolies too, until January.

Frankly i don't really care. The majority of my friends are eighteen now and hitting the pubs and shit, but if you go to schoolies with your friends, I'm sure they'll make an effort to ensure you have a good time too, that's what friends do.
Take your drinks (or whatever mind-altering substances you're into) with you, meet new people, plan parties outside of the clubs.
You'll have a good time.

louielouiee

louielouielouielouielouie
HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
You can get in lots of shit with the cops.

For example, if your 18yr old friends give you alcohol and get caught that can be a criminal offence- supplying to minors.

Police at schoolies is fucking crazy.

If you really want to, go during the first week with some other 17yr old friends.

The 2nd week of schoolies is when all the 18yr olds come and stuff goes down.

If you decide to go, just be cautious- you could get your friends into a lot of shit.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
It's probably too late and looks like louie beat me to mentioning it... BUT look into first week which is QLD week - mostly underage people and the organised beach parties are good. Police eveywhere though, don't drink in public or anything like that.

happinessisbest

HSC
I'm going to schoolies with a group of friends. There are 8 of us going together and 4 of us will be 17, 4 will be 18. Most of the 17 year olds won't be using fake IDs or anything, just going to the non-schoolies parties and stuff that goes on and just hanging out on the beach and theme parks, etc. I am not risking a fake ID :/

TLDR

HSC
I'm going to schoolies with a group of friends. There are 8 of us going together and 4 of us will be 17, 4 will be 18. Most of the 17 year olds won't be using fake IDs or anything, just going to the non-schoolies parties and stuff that goes on and just hanging out on the beach and theme parks, etc. I am not risking a fake ID :/
Don't use FAKE ID just use the ID of someone who looks like you. They aren't gonna interrogate everybody in the pub to make sure the ID's match, doing blood tests, finger print tests, fucking DNA analysis, getting the forensics team in there, matching up tooth records and shit. Honestly I'm 18 and I don't look that old, yet I'm only asked for ID when buying liquor about 40% of the time. I'm not going to schoolies, but I can guarantee whatever you need the ID for, as long as you are confident in your approach and not shaking like a leaf you'll be sweet using the ID of someone who looks similar to you.

TLDR

HSC
You can get in lots of shit with the cops.

For example, if your 18yr old friends give you alcohol and get caught that can be a criminal offence- supplying to minors.

Police at schoolies is fucking crazy.

If you really want to, go during the first week with some other 17yr old friends.

The 2nd week of schoolies is when all the 18yr olds come and stuff goes down.

If you decide to go, just be cautious- you could get your friends into a lot of shit.

I can guarantee police at schoolies have much bigger issues to deal with than fining 18 year olds with supplying alcohol to 17 year olds, with little to no evidence other than the fact that 17 year olds are drinking. They won't fine every 18 year old, and to even fine one would be a waste of police time. There are limited cells in the police station and they will be needed for rowdy teens who are causing brawls or heavy damage to public or private property. I know I'm replying a year late, but people are still reading this thread.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)