Schoolies Locations (1 Viewer)

miriam96

HSC
I'm looking around for schoolies locations for 2014 in NSW (my friends and I want to steer clear of the Gold Coast and it's probably too expensive to find somewhere in Queensland considering we live in NSW). We're looking for somewhere that won't be packed but will have other schoolies groups around. We also have to consider that some of us will only be 17 at the time. Byron Bay seems alright though it doesn't look like there's much going on for underage, other locations I've come across include Terrigal and Port Macquarie though I'm not sure if these places will be 'too quiet'.
Any ideas on other possible locations or the one's I've already mentioned?

madharris

HSC
N/A
Not really, you've listed the main ones
Surfers, Byron, Central Coast (namely avoca and terrigal) and port macquarie

If you say that surfers is too expensive then what's your budget?

miriam96

HSC
I have no idea of budget and prices at the moment I'm just doing some research. I meant that transport, meaning flights, would likely be too expensive. Any ideas on the ones I've listed?

madharris

HSC
N/A
I went on 2 schoolies (just because we wanted to :) ), one was byron and one was avoca

Byron was really good, we were close to the beach and stuff so it was really nice however there aren't many schoolies events there at all. And also the clubs got full very early so for some of the nights we just partied on the streets. However there are cops everywhere so you should be careful about them :p I think Byron was just over crowded to be honest, wasn't the best experience of my life :p

Avoca and terrigal are right next to each other. Quite a few schoolies go here, although there are no schoolies events, there are clubs. It's a very cheap option and is quieter than byron and surfers. I enjoyed avoca a lot just because it was relaxing while still being fun.

spanky125

Just waitin' for a mate
HSC
I live at Port Macquarie, you're wasting your time coming here for schoolies. I mean it's a nice place but definitely not worth it for schoolies.

Baldy-95

HSC
I'm going to Bali. Cost me 900 dollars for flight, accommodation and insurance. While I'm 18 I'm pretty sure they are lax on the drinking age over there which is also 18. Taking about 800 dollars spending money, so costs about 1600+ for a good time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)