Major Project Ideas (Need some help) (1 Viewer)

jfacibeni

HSC
N/A
hey guys me and my mates are starting year 12 in a term and we needed some idea's of what we can do for our major projects please leave some suggestions down below. The idea must be original and have a problem that it is the solution for.
thx
jfacibeni

KotaBear99

HSC
Hey - don't know if you'll check this but here is the advice I have for you.

I spent a very long time pondering what my need was going to be because I thought that I had to actually find a problem in the world and I thought that my product had to solve it. But, I found that the need doesn't have to be that broad. It can be a personal need. Eg - I needed a formal dress for my formal this year. I can't find one because of my taste and body measurements - BAM! MDP idea. Try not to think too big because you are just making more work for yourself.

Secondly, coming up with an original idea is very hard. Therefore, innovation is key. Once you have an idea, go and investigate what you can already buy. Find elements of each thing and adapt it to make your final design.

I hope this helps you. It's what really stuck in my head when discussing with my DT teacher.

Good luck!

keepLooking

HSC
KotaBear99 is correct that the 'need' can just be personal.

You want to pick a project which complement your skills and interest so you will have no trouble finding motivation until the end.

KotaBear99

HSC
KotaBear99 is correct that the 'need' can just be personal.

You want to pick a project which complement your skills and interest so you will have no trouble finding motivation until the end.
It was the thing that got me the most...in ALL of my assessments prior I lost motivation because I didn't know why I was making it if I wasn't passionate.

Also recommend looking at previous projects and the HSC Markers comments!

Mosski

HSC
Hey jfacibeni, if you don't mind me asking what is your MDP Idea? I also do Design and Technology

dylanjoshua

HSC
Hey I'm doing my HSC Major for DAT right now, could anyone give me some advice or tips on how to still get marks when my major idea didn't work and isn't going to work...its due in a couple of days. Basically I just need to know if there are ways of getting marks in the portfolio for my major for example going in depth with 'the issues of my design', or 'what I could've done'

Thanks a lot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)