What you need to know for the DT exam (1 Viewer)

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
Im sure you all have lots of questions about this exam. Im also sure your familar about the exam. If your not:

There are 10 multiple choice questions, 15 marks for a short response question and 15 marks for a essay based question

I strongly advise you look over these points

- Innovation and Emerging Technologies (You have to have an example of both under your sleave)
- Know your factors affecting design (functional, aesthetics etc) and be able to talk about them for designs they may give u in your exam
- Know all about Patents, Copyrights and Laws... Especially the agency that support them (IP Australia etc)
- Know about ethical and environmental issues that regard to design. You will probably have to answer questions about ethics in the exam.
- Briefly look over your project and understand how you managed your project (E.g action plan, time plan etc) and how you organised resources. Also be familary with managment approaches such as Total quality management and Management by objectives
- Know about data collection and anaylsis. This is about Primary and secondary data and how you collect these (questionerese, surveys)

If you have any specific qusetion about the exam please relpy in this thread only. I will be around in the next 7 days to answer your questions

Regards

beaky

shortie_689

HSC
Hey I definately need notes...
My teacher has given us hardly anything and our text book was the excel book and that leaves like heaps out....
If you could please post your notes or just email me them at shortie_689@hotmail.com
thanx heaps :uhhuh:

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
I have a folder notes, unscanned so I cant really help...

If my scanner works i'll try and post up my summary diagrams for each chapter...

Managore

HSC
I'd love notes as well, my teacher e-bays every lesson -_-" And thus I have massive gaps in my knowledge. Also, there isnt much in the resources section of this site under DnT, unfortunately...

My email (is a bitch): Daniel_________________@hotmail.com

Just copy & paste the addy for convenience if you want. Thanks so damn much for notes :)

Also, as some feedback to those dot points, I know most of that *fairly* well. Copyrights and that kind of thing I hardly know though, and I dislike ethics and environmental impact questions. The last point, what's that about? I haven't even heard of it :/

Last edited:

MzLebo

HSC
N/A
hey PPl all the best of luck...........

could u send it to me aswell........... mperez2000@hotmail.com
i regreat doing design & tech ......waste of time when u think about all that work on ur MDP.....plus its stupid how they dont even give ya a approx.mark at lease.........well i guess i had fun making it (display cabinet)

yeh dont forget could u please send away ur notes...........

CLASS OF "2004"
ASS OF "2004"

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
Managore said:
Also, as some feedback to those dot points, I know most of that *fairly* well. Copyrights and that kind of thing I hardly know though, and I dislike ethics and environmental impact questions. The last point, what's that about? I haven't even heard of it :/
THe last point is in regards how you collected data for your Major Design Projcet. Firslty there are two types of data:

Primary Data: This is data that is observed first hand (i.e. like an experiment)
Secondary Data: Data that already has been researched and is avalable through mediums such as books or the internet (i.e. searching on google aboout tables)

Qualitative Data is data that is written and utilisies english prose
Quantitative Data is numerical data like statistics. Usually presented in graphs or tables

You will also have to know about how to collect data, some examples include (Questionaires, Word of Mouth and Expirements)

vtir

please sir can i have some more

you's are all pretty hopeless askin mr. back to the future for notes. please email me all your notes cause im to lazy to get off my lard ass n get an excel book etc. dont blame your teachers just teach yourself i did. o yeah good luck for tmoras dt exam

Managore

HSC
I hate the Excel book, it's useless. Doesnt have anything decent on ways of protection, ethical rights, etc

brooklyn_angel17

firstly...dont blame your teachers, blame yourself. i was lucky enough to have a teacher who went through every bit of theory for us TWICE. but thats beside the point. stop complaining about the stupid excel book because if you had of looked further you would have found a Senior design and technolody students work book by john rochford at the local book store. it is the best book. most teachers use it to teach the syllabus.

anyways therse some good notes in the dnt resoiurce section. study up.

good luck tomorrow

ben7

thanks mate, helpful, even this late.. :)
your MDP guide was great for ideas on how to do the folio too this year too!!

thanks again.
Ben

and good luck everyone!!!

ben7

If you are around tonight Beaky.. i couldnt find a definition to Total quality management and Management by objectives in excel book or my other dt text book. COuld you please give be a brief definition.

thanks,

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
TQM is an approach to mangament that seeks continous improvment in everythign done
MBO is a system where workers meet with managers to review past performances and agree on objectives to be achieved in the future (usually in 6 months

Managore

HSC
Any last word of advice Beaky?

EDIT: One quick question. Should we know specific statistics of our emerging tech, and innovation?

Last edited:

Beaky

You can read minds?
HSC
Managore said:
Any last word of advice Beaky?

EDIT: One quick question. Should we know specific statistics of our emerging tech, and innovation?
Last word of advice: DT aint hard, common sense. You'll be fine guys. Get some rest and have your weetbix in the morning.

To the question: Na dont worry bout specifics. They wont really care that much. Just have a vauge idea about specs of emerging tech and innovation

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)