English 4 unit -- cancels out eng. adv? (1 Viewer)

ashimation

HSC
I know that if you do four unit maths the 2 unit core is not counted -- is this the same for English 4 unit? My boyfriend INSISTS it is (he does 4 unit maths, I do 4 unit english) but I don't think so....

please enlighten me, I'd like to keep 2 unit ADV as a contributing factor to my UAI!!

thanks in advance.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
ashimation said:
I know that if you do four unit maths the 2 unit core is not counted -- is this the same for English 4 unit? My boyfriend INSISTS it is (he does 4 unit maths, I do 4 unit english) but I don't think so....

please enlighten me, I'd like to keep 2 unit ADV as a contributing factor to my UAI!!

thanks in advance.
Your boyfriend is wrong - each of your english courses may contribute. However, unlike most students, if you perform well enough in other subjects[including ext 1 & 2 english] and you have 12 units then your 2unit english mark doesn't have to count.

emison

HSC
N/A
dear diary...... jackpot
well miss ash kemp as said before i think its your best units overall. if in doubt try using the uai calculator.
love reubs

HSC
On that note though i reckon 4 unit english ahould be the same as maths in that for maths you automatically get 100% for 2 unit. It sure would save a whole lot of effort in writing a stupid fucken journeys creative writing piece.

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
On that note though i reckon 4 unit english ahould be the same as maths in that for maths you automatically get 100% for 2 unit.
You don't automatically get 100% for 2 unit Maths if you do 4 unit. 2 unit disappears totally.

I_F

Deltan

Noob pharmer
HSC
insert-username said:
You don't automatically get 100% for 2 unit Maths if you do 4 unit. 2 unit disappears totally.

I_F
I'm confused, can someone please clarify about the maths thing

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
If you do Extension 2 Math, then you will not get a 2 unit math mark that would count towards your UAI, even if you have already done the 2 unit HSC exam and got a mark for it that would normally count for your UAI.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
If you are taking extension 1 maths + maths 2 unit, then MX1 counts as 1 unit. If you are taking extension 2 maths, 2 unit maths disappears, MX1 counts as 2 units and MX2 counts as 2 units as well.

Deltan

Noob pharmer
HSC
Riviet said:
If you are taking extension 1 maths + maths 2 unit, then MX1 counts as 1 unit. If you are taking extension 2 maths, 2 unit maths disappears, MX1 counts as 2 units and MX2 counts as 2 units as well.
Oh, that really clear things up, so does that mean you don't have to study maths 2 unit at school?

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
Deltan said:
Oh, that really clear things up, so does that mean you don't have to study maths 2 unit at school?
Well, 2 unit Maths is assumed knowledge for 4 unit, so you need to have completed it (besides, it would be impossible to do 4 unit without having first done 2 unit). You just don't get examined on it in the HSC exams.

I_F

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
Deltan said:
Yes, Maths isn't a compulsory subject so you don't have to take it if you don't want to.

I didn't :)

Deltan

Noob pharmer
HSC
insert-username said:
Well, 2 unit Maths is assumed knowledge for 4 unit, so you need to have completed it (besides, it would be impossible to do 4 unit without having first done 2 unit). You just don't get examined on it in the HSC exams.

I_F
But you still have to do 2unit maths in yr 12 right? Just one more question, how can a 1 unit count as 2 unit? Now i understand why maths ext really scales up people really high.

Wolfowitz

, now also hated by Jews!
HSC
2u maths is not mandatory in year 12; no.

When you choose X2 maths; a miracle happens. The magic within the board of studies lotus dribbles from its petals and becomes a fine mist. When it comes into contact with X1 it gets fatter - so fat that it doubles size. Your X2 - jealous of your X1 - also consumes the juice and doubles its size. When the juice ceases X1 and X2 turn on 2u and cannibalise it because it's the 'easiest'.

Thus you no longer do 2u...because it is dead.

If you do X1 the magic lotus power does not seep out and you still count 2u.

But the magic of the lotus applies when X2 is selected and X1 and X2 become worth 2 units EACH.

M(aths)X1 + MX2 = 4 units (thus it's monica; 4 u)
_____

There is a difference with English. The lotus flower - being asian - does not enjoy english. Thus when you choose X2 english X1 and X2 stay the same size and 2u does not get canabalised.

Thus

E(nglish) adv + EX1 + EX2 = 4 units.

CHOOSE LIFE!

P.S - Ashimation you're ugly. Your picture is making me want to scoop out my eyeballs and mix it with a bit of brain jelly. The pain of excavating my skull should blind me to your digusting presence.

ashimation

HSC
Ahh James. The thought of your blubber as you chortle over your pathetic little attempt at insulting me makes me dry wretch. Find something to do, please.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)