Why are Aboriginals prejudiced against in the english exam? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bagley

HSC
These racist whitey's at the BOS like put together an exam that is clearly racist. Not a single word in the exam about our opression. Nothing. You people make me sick. You'll all be rich lawyers and bankers from blood money. You're stealing that money from my land.

jfan30

HSC
too right. this is our land, don't you fuckin forget it

govey

HSC
What the hell are you on about? haven't you realised that you have the oppurtunity to tick the sympathy box which indicates you are torres strait or aborignal? it is the most idiotic thing i've ever read.

Bagley

HSC
We need those UAI points that you white people stole from us. Not that it matters, we have our marks capped when we tick that box. Everyone knows that.

govey

HSC
this is our land, don't you fuckin forget it
JFAN30 you ignorant ****, why do you need to quote movies to support your lame, outdated arguments. Don't you realise that you get free UAI points and 'special' admissions into universities. you are stealing positions from people who are more worthy

Last edited:

Bagley

HSC
What was that supposed to be? They only get into those situations because of the whiteys stealing their land and taking everything away from them. If we had our land we wouldn't have to resort to that. Its your fault for institutionalising everything and then expecting conformity. Bloody white-thinks-he's-so-good- snob.

Dirty_Sanchez

HSC
you coons make me sick, the government already pays for everything in your life and now you think that the HSC should be changed to suit you black cunts, the first question of the english exam was about you nomadic coons so theres a black question for you. How bout you shut your fat lips and stop complaining about everything

Bagley

HSC
You probably just some latte-drinking north shore fag whose mum drives him everywhere in their BMW. From money you stole from my forefathers. You people make me sick, thinking you can rationise our plight with simple economic concessions. Nothing can stop the emotional hardship we went through. Nothing. You have no right to judge us.

jfan30

HSC
Sanchez and Govey smoke a pole. Bagley, more power to you brother. Bagley doesnt sound Aboriginal where are you from?

Last edited:

Bagley

HSC
Why trivialise the suffering of a people for your own personal humour? You're no better than any of the other people here.

jfan30

HSC
Bagley, where are you from. your name sounds familiar.

Ennaybur

HSC
N/A
damn straight. all that talk about 'nomads' was clearly a reference to the oppression of the indigenous people. and the obvious positive tone created through the use of emotive language such as 'imaginative' -which is also an allusion to the dreaming' -and 'writers' - a symbol of their marginalisation by the dominant western writing- shows the prejudice of the composers.

apalling

HSC
N/A
This thread reminds me so much of some jewish/german debates/fights I've seen. Should all non-jewish Germans today pay 10% of their income to jewish people or something like that to "bridge the divide" even though it happened 60 years ago?

Aboriginals doing the HSC exam today are generations upon generations apart from those originally slighted

Many non-aboriginals today are:

a) also generations upon generations apart from those who originally did the wrong thing
b) descended from migrant families who played no part in this whatsoever

Where will it end?

The people who screwed up in the first place were but few of many, and are long gone. Australia is such a multicultural country and I'm sure I can say on many people's behalf (including my own) that my forefathers had NOTHING to do with 'Colonisation' and the mistreatment of Aboriginies (my parents migrated here only a few years before I was born). I do think the Prime Minister should apologise on behalf of the government, and I do think the government (as in, people who have the power to change things as opposed to innocent HSC students who aren't involved and can't do jack, basically) could do a little more to fix things up.

But it frustrates me to no end when people like this thread starter start randomly pointing fingers and blaming people. I feel like screaming "Look, I'm actually somewhat sympathetic for your cause. Wanna stop blaming me for killing your great-great-grandfather decades before I was even conceived?" It's stuff like this that makes me think those that have been slighted would prefer to ignore my support so that they can concentrate on getting angry and yelling at people every opportunity they get.

In other news, I don't think "Rabbit Proof Fence" and Sally Morgan's "My Place" are on the HSC English Prescribed Text List by coincidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)