New English As Of 2009!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

siobhan07

HSC
Just found out that as of 2009 yr12 advanced english will change its texts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
so that means that 2008 is the last year for KING LEAR CRITICAL STUDY and EMMA/CLUELESS TRANSFORMATIONS! wooooo!!!!!!!!!!!:)

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
ahah i heard theyre gettin rid of "in the wild" as well ;
dang it , i liked that module ^^

Amy Lou

Academic
HSC
Trust them to get rid of the bad stuff though just as we finish...
Although I'm fairly glad that I've had the teacher's experience.

I'd have to agree with both of you, 'In the wild', has been my favourite discussion point.

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
Without Wings said:
The new AOS is belongong :)
Hahahahaha!!! That is the most contrived concept I've ever seen. Can't wait to see the new wave of emo essays.

EDIT: I just saw some of the prescribed texts for Adv. Mod A. They get to do John Donne. No fair, I wanted to do Donne. Lucky 09'ers.

Last edited:

kloudsurfer

HSC
No more pomo in EE1! :(

Makes sense though. As cool as postmodernism is, it a bitch to write essays about...

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
whoa they`ve kept quite a few of the texts , but ext seems to have changed heaps. they changed 'crime fiction' into 'crime writing' .. lmao whats the difference hahaha.

Jerruy

HSC
this is well overdue. The current syllabus is a joke.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
My brother will commence his HSC in 2010 (assuming he goes onto yr11-12) so he will be the 2nd year through. Not as bad as the first year but not as lucky as the third in terms of resources, past exams etc.

sp0ntane0us

traveller of time & space
HSC
kloudsurfer said:
No more pomo in EE1! :(
That's a darn shame. Oh well, change is inevitable I suppose.

The elective "After the Bomb" doesn't sound totally disimilar, though. Same kind of cultural era (almost). And they're using Waiting for Godot, which is pretty postmodern.

ryansmith

HSC
siobhan07 said:
Just found out that as of 2009 yr12 advanced english will change its texts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
so that means that 2008 is the last year for KING LEAR CRITICAL STUDY and EMMA/CLUELESS TRANSFORMATIONS! wooooo!!!!!!!!!!!:)
I heard the new english syllabus is full of a whole heap of aboriginal crap, my english teacher was complainign about it to my class the other day haha

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
sp0ntane0us said:
That's a darn shame. Oh well, change is inevitable I suppose.

The elective "After the Bomb" doesn't sound totally disimilar, though. Same kind of cultural era (almost). And they're using Waiting for Godot, which is pretty postmodern.
Oh sucked in.

Beckett in high school? Yeah have fun with that.

EDIT: Also, he's most avant garde modernist than postmodernist.

random1990

HSC
omg module 2 only has 7 speeches to study as of 2009!!
we have to remember 12!! so unfair =[

munchybuddy

HSC
siobhan07 said:
They'll probably change King lear to The Tempest or sumfin, which is pretty good

I dunno y u would want clueless 2 change, its like the easiest one 2 do apparently. At our school i am doing bloody "Chaucers Pardoners Prologue and Tale", it is like the biggest heap of crap i have ever red...
For those of u who havent red it, think of a difficult shakespeare play and then times that difficulty by about 100.. I gave up reading it after like the first page, Thank god for spark notes :)

N

noir.

sp0ntane0us said:
Samuel Beckett's work would be pretty awesome to study

Not that I care. none of this affects me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)